The Return of Apples

Saturday, September 5, 2009

If you read my blog at all last fall, it should come as no surprise to you that we went to the apple farm today.

We looooove to go out and pick our own apples. 1) It's just fun, and is a perfect, stereotypically "fall" activity; 2) We get to pick each of our apples individually--no bumps or bruises!; 3) They're cheaper per pound than getting them in the grocery store; 4) We can pick a wide variety of apples throughout the season--and we love them all. Plus, we get to ride a wagon out into the orchard. HELLO, that's reason enough right there. ;)

Just a few photos from our extremely neglected point-and-shoot camera:

IMG_4114rs by you.
IMG_4112rs by you.
IMG_4115rs by you.
IMG_4117rs by you.
If you must know, I've already whipped up a batch of our favorite apple spice cookie bars. And holy hell... I had forgotten just how good they are. After eating a couple small pieces right out of the oven, I now know I have to get the rest of them out of the house ASAP, or I'll eat the whole damn pan. Luckily, I know a college student and her roommates who will enjoy them thoroughly. And we just so happen to be planning a visit to campus tomorrow... ;)

3 comments:

Dana September 6, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Is it that time already. We still have a few more weeks where I live.

Anonymous,  September 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

Hi Heather! Where would one look to find apple orchards in their area? Google? I'm in NJ :)

Heather September 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

Anonymous--We have them ALL OVER here. Since they're not hard to find, I've never really had to search for one. This is apple country! Even so, I imagine you probably have a few in NJ. So yes, maybe start with Google? I would search apple farms, apple picking, etc. with the name of your city. Otherwise, maybe there is an Agricultural Office that is part of your local government that might be able to help you? Good luck!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP