2012 Family Photos

Monday, September 17, 2012

A couple of weeks ago, we had family photos taken. Nora was a little difficult to work with, I must say--but most 2-year-olds are. We bribed her with fruit snacks (something we have actually never given her before) and that was at least partially successful. Otherwise, it was a lot of distracting and tickling and tricks to get her to smile on our part, and, well, miracle-working on our photographer's part.


Photography is obviously an important part of my life. But even I will admit to making excuses not to have them done by someone else. We take plenty of our own photos, but there is still merit in having someone else take them for you--something we've only done twice so far in Nora's life, which I carry a lot of guilt about. Still, I try to tell myself that I have adequately captured her life thus far--with way more detail than our parents captured our lives, thanks to today's technology--so I shouldn't feel guilty.

Overall, my goal is to have photos taken once a year, sometime between May and September. We've accomplished that so far, but it's shocking to see how much Nora has changed since the last time we had them done, yikes!

Anyway, enough talking. It was so hard to narrow these down. We got 70+ photos from the photographer, I narrowed them down to 44(!) for posting to Facebook for family and friends... and now I've narrowed them down further here.

(Hey, I didn't say I did a GOOD job of narrowing down. So bear with me through the photo dump. And enjoy?)
{Nora was OBSESSED with these parasols. OBSESSED.}
{I'm getting those little wrinkles around my eyes! I'm aging! Wahhhh!}
{She's "roaring" at the photographer, like a tiger. She likes to "scare" people.}

Now, for the hardest part of all... deciding which ones to hang on our walls! Eek!

12 comments:

Ashley September 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM  

oh my stars! I absolutely ADORE the one of Nora Laughing (first b/w of her) and the one of her looking up at you guys (last b/w I think) soooo precious!

Mrs. Pineapple,  September 17, 2012 at 5:43 PM  

Um, you have to have the most beautiful and photogenic little family I've ever seen! I love the one of Nora reaching her little arms up to your and Michael's clasped hands. We're expecting our first child in the spring, and I can't wait to have photographs taken together as a family.

Mindi September 17, 2012 at 6:54 PM  

omg I LOVE the one where she is looking up at you guys when holding your hands!! LOVE it!! beautiful photos!! good luck choosing!

nikinikinine September 17, 2012 at 7:12 PM  

Adorable! And you do a fantastic job of taking pics! I'm always impressed at how many you are in as well. If it wasn't for professional photography, joe would look like an awesome single dad...

Kari September 17, 2012 at 7:48 PM  

Adorable!!!! I love the one where she's laughing and when she's looking up at you guys. :)

Kelsey Winter September 17, 2012 at 8:49 PM  

Beautiful!! They're all great, but I seriously got a little choked up at the ones of you and Michael (separately) giving Nora kisses.

elizabethashleyphoto September 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM  

Lovely photos! I cannot get over her gorgeous curly hair or those adorable little brown sandals...omg!

Sara McCarty September 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM  

Beautiful photos! It's so important to get some great photos of you all as a family. These are wonderful!

Wishing on stars September 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM  

I hope you have some big walls in that house because you're going to have to hang them all lol. I can't imagine what all the others look like, these are all so sweet. Each picture I thought "oh that's my favorite" haha.
I do love love love the B&W of Nora alone with the parasail behind her and she's looking over the the left. She is so beautiful. I also love the one of her reaching up to yours and Michales hands, and the one of her holding both of your hands and looking up at Michale.
And of course her smile is just the cuttest thing ever.

And you look great Heather! You can tell you are chasing a 2 year old around :)
I'm just starting to look into maternity photographers. Tryin to pick who and where and when to do them. But I can't wait to meet my little girl and take pictures of her :)

Anonymous,  September 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM  

Awesome photos!!

Anonymous,  September 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM  

Awesome photos!!

Whitney,  September 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM  

So cute! Do you have any tips on how to choose a photographer?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP