I'm a machine.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

A baking machine.

This weekend, I never even left the house. My baking marathon actually began on Thursday. When I got home from work, I baked a cake to make cupcake bites, and also made sugar cookie dough. All before heading out the door to kickboxing!

I continued after work on Friday. Baked another cake for cupcake bites, made royal icing for sugar cookies, then made and coated all of my cupcake bites.

Saturday, we started off the morning making a meat sauce for lasagna. We put it on early so it could simmer all day.

Then I rolled out and baked sugar cookies, colored all of my icing, then spent a long chunk of time decorating. I had to stop around 4:30 p.m. because we were expecting my in-laws for dinner and the house was still a mess and I hadn't even showered. Oh, and we still had to put together the lasagna!

Once my in-laws arrived, I did get a little reprieve from all of the work. We entertained and enjoyed the company. (Tessa did, too. She was particularly fond of my father-in-law.)

This morning, I was up and at 'em again. Peanut butter cup cookies, macaroons, and a bit more decorating. Packaging, wrapping, tying ribbon. I pretty much worked nonstop until 8:00 p.m. tonight.

Whoa. It's been a lot of baking. A lot of work.

I'll be posting more of my work and another recipe or two over the next couple of days. But for now... this is the cookie platter that my husband is taking with him to work for a potluck lunch tomorrow. Sugar cookie cutouts, macaroons, the peanut butter cup cookies, and cupcake bites. Quite the variety.

P.S. The lighting for all of my photos is just a crying shame. Unfortunately, I didn't get everything done until after dark and couldn't wait until morning to pack everything up. So, oh well. But I do apologize for such crappy photos.

10 comments:

Sara December 15, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

did you use royal icing to decorate the cookies? I bake christmas cookies every year and I want to step it up a little bit this year..I bet the wilton class helped you huh?

beri December 15, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

totally cute and totally yum! :)

Jenn and Neena Mae December 15, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

Well, aren't you just a little suzy homemaker? Seriously, you are good!

Anonymous,  December 15, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

That is such a wonderful display of all the cookies put together! I'm sure your husband will receive many compliments he can pass on to you. :)

Excellent job; the hard work paid off because it all looks amazing!

~Elizabeth

Sarah December 15, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

Arent the pb cup cookies yummy? I love them! Try putting a couple in teh freezer, they taste even better frozen.

~Jaime~ December 15, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

SOOO cute!


Quick question for you - on your cake bites, how did you get the drizzled chocolate to look so good over the main color? I tried to drizzle chocolate before and it lumped down in a glob and looked terrible!

Beckie December 15, 2008 at 4:39 PM  

How do you make the pb cup cookies?

erica December 15, 2008 at 5:42 PM  

once again...your work is amazing! i was about to say i too had a baking marathon this weekend, but compared to this, perhaps it was just a half. or maybe a 5k. very inspiring!

My Dream Ring December 15, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

I should have put in a cookie order to you for my Christmas Pot Luck at work! I hate baking but you make it look easy! They look delicious!

Heather December 16, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

Jaime--Three things about drizzling chocolate. 1) It needs to be pretty hot. The hotter it is, the more "fluid" it's going to be, so it won't come down in big globs. 2) It's usually better to use a fork.

The third thing is that I actually just bought a couple of candy-making squeeze bottles that certainly help. I used them for the cupcake bites. They really aren't necessary, though. I've had plenty of success drizzling chocolate in a "pretty" way by using very hot chocolate and a fork.

Good luck!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP