Bryce

Thursday, July 26, 2012

It's really been a whole week since I last posted? I guess it makes sense; it's been a busy one.

It all started on Friday of last week when my brother called to tell me that he and his 9-months-pregnant wife were heading to the hospital to be "monitored" again for potential pre-eclampsia. As it turned out, Marie DID have pre-eclampsia (severe pre-eclampsia, actually) and she was admitted to be induced.

I was on call to be there to take photos, but things moved very slowly from Friday night through the whole day Saturday. Tyler finally called me around 7:00 p.m. on Saturday to say that things were picking up, so I decided to head down to the hospital. Unfortunately for them, things continued to move pretty slow... and long story short, the baby wasn't born until nearly 9:30 a.m. on Sunday. It was a looooong night for everyone, but especially Marie! I got about an hour of sleep on Saturday night, so I was pretty dead to the world on Sunday (as was everyone else in our family).

Without further ado, here's a little peek at our newest nephew. His name is Bryce.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8007/7653446334_ed9a6c6a32_z.jpg

My dad drove up on Saturday morning to get here for the birth (needless to say, he made it with plenty of time to spare!), so he stayed with us all week. He just left this morning. So this week, we've just been busy with family--hanging out with my dad, going to the hospital, working, etc.

It's always sad to see my dad leave at the end of a visit, since he loves seeing Nora (and Hunter, and now Bryce) so much. But we've been doing a lot of eating out and running around and generally being out of sorts, so it'll be nice to get back into our normal daily routine. Too bad we're heading into a super busy weekend! We have a wedding and then a family party for my cousin who is visiting from Shanghai.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back into the blogging groove!

4 comments:

Megan July 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM  

Cute baby congrats Auntie. I too have a cousin who lives in Shanghai and is home visiting!

Krystie July 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM  

congrats on the new nephew! Good thing I'm already 9-months pregnant or that picture would certainly give me baby fever!

dana devery July 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM  

Congrats aunt heather! He's adorable! Question for you- I'm taking pictures this week of my 1 month old for her birth announcement and i was wondering if you have any tips. I got her the cute little ruffle bloomers and flower headband for the pictures. I just don't know about photographing newborns or lighting, backdrops etc. suggestions?

Wishing on stars July 29, 2012 at 5:46 PM  

Oh he's so sweet. It makes it hard to wait to meet my own :)
Congratulations aunt heather :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP