The Last Night

Friday, August 19, 2011

Tonight is our last night in our condo--the place we have called home for six years, one month, and 19 days.

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't really sad to pack up all of our stuff. I'd also be lying if I said I didn't shed a few tears as I got Nora ready for bed tonight.

It's just a bittersweet life event, I suppose.

Added to the stress is that we still have no answers about our condo. The potential buyer who came through twice early last week contacted us on Monday, asking us to provide measurements for some of the rooms in our place. Seemed like a positive thing, because if she was wondering about measurements, she was trying to picture her life here in the condo. It at least meant we certainly weren't out of the running yet.

But since then, nothing. Apparently she's not in any hurry to make a decision.

We've had little luck with potential tenants as well. The one who we thought was a sure thing a few weeks ago is still dragging her heels. Any new ones we've met have not amounted in anything, either.

It's making us nervous.

We are meeting with another person on Sunday, and I have my fingers crossed SO HARD. It'll be the first person to see the place vacant, so I guess we'll see if that's an advantage or disadvantage.

But for now, I'm trying to concentrate on the positive. Today, I *finally* got some of the painting done in Nora's room. And even though it's not going to be finished for another few days at least, seeing the color start to come alive on her walls made it feel just a little bit like home.

I have so much I want to share (including PHOTOS!), but seriously no time to do it right now. I hope you'll all bear with me during this period of my life, since it is such a huge adjustment--I'd argue that this transition is much more difficult on me than it was to have a newborn baby!

To make blogging matters even more difficult, we're not going to have internet service at our house until August 30th (thanks for nothin', Time Warner). Soooo... hopefully I'll have a few minutes during a couple of lunch breaks to type up a few quick updates for y'all within the next 10 days. But we shall see.

I appreciate all of the well wishes everyone has been sending our way over the last several weeks and months, and I don't want to be greedy, so I won't ask for them again. I do hope, however, that I'm able to share good news with you very soon.

Hopefully very, very soon.

Life is overwhelming right now. Truly overwhelming. And guess what? We have a certain little lady's FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY(!!!) in three weeks. Holy cow. So, stay tuned for that as well.

Here I am, signing out from the condo for the very last time...

I'll be back!

4 comments:

Amanda August 20, 2011 at 12:43 AM  

Hubby and I just moved into our first home so I can imagine how you are feeling leaving yours. Just think of all the memories you'll have of Nora growing up in the new house. Best of luck getting things resolved with the condo. Everything happens for a reason. http://amanda-newb.blogspot.com/

Helen August 20, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

Thinking of you guys! I hope the move goes smoothly and my fingers are still crossed you get some sort of resolution on the condo quickly.

Megan August 20, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

Can you subtly put pressure on the buyer by having your agent tell theirs that you're starting to explore renting.....? Not in a threatening way more in a 'giving her a heads-up" way.

Can wait to see pics of the new place :)

Vanessa August 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM  

Awww, what a sweet and bittersweet post. I so understand that sadness, but I know you'll love your new home and will love seeing Nora flourish there. Wishing you so much luck over the next few weeks, I'll be thinking of you. Don't worry if you can't post, we'll be here eagerly anticipating your updates! Hope it all goes really smoothly and that the adjustment won't be too hard. So many exciting things lie ahead, and you will love the process of making your house a petmanent home. Love, vanessa

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP