Refresh

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Well, I'm back.

After being showered with comments, tweets, and e-mails from so many of you--saying such nice, supportive things--I didn't feel like I could stay away for long. Because honestly, how could I not come back to say thank you?

Many of you were thanking me. But thank you.

Each and every one of you made a point to say that I shouldn't let negativity win. I shouldn't give in to the one person who chose to try to knock me down when there are so many others who want to do nothing but lift me up. Of course, you're all absolutely right, and deep down, I knew that from the beginning. It was just a perfect storm of emotions and insecurities and hateful words that led to an extreme reaction.

Brushing off the haters is so much easier said than done. But I'll keep on keepin' on.

As the comments kept coming in--blowing up my phone--I read every single one. And you guys, it was overwhelming. You are unbelievable. So many of you said that I had actually helped you. Through wedding projects and pregnancy and parenting and dinner planning. Through photography and home renovations.

I had honestly never viewed myself or my blog in that way. I never really thought about readers actually learning anything here. (I was shocked, however, that no one mentioned they had learned that you could break your ass during childbirth. Come on, you heard it here first, folks. Was that not an important lesson? But I digress.)

Many of you also said that when you come here, you feel like you are checking in on a friend. That means more to me than you know. And it's funny, because so many of you felt that you would come off as "creepy" for saying so. But the thing is, I know exactly what you're saying, because I've grown attached to other blogs and their authors in the same way. All of the things you were saying? I've said those things to a couple of bloggers myself. So I get it. I really do. I just never imagined someone would say those things to me.

Just know that I'm thankful--so very thankful--for everyone who took the time to leave me such thoughtful notes and words of wisdom.

And as of right now, I'm not going anywhere.

12 comments:

Heather March 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM  

I actually have told many people about your tailbone incident. I had no idea that was even a possibility during childbirth until reading your blog.

Heather March 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM  

HAHA, Heather! I was kidding, of course, but I'm glad at least one person found it educational. ;)

Soon2bMommy March 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM  

Good way to look ahead of things :) I'm glad you decided to keep the blog, sometimes when I have trouble sleeping I get on here and check for any updated blogs (so busy during the day with the whole pregnancy deal.) I read them to my husband, who finds them refreshing as well. He's not much of a reader, so he normally listens to me.

Krystie March 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM  

well..I didnt break my ass during childbirth ( although I might RE-break it) I broke mine going down a retarded unsafe slide meant for 5 year old children. And..almost 1 year later it still aches.

Glad you're sticking around!

Elizabeth,  March 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM  

Heather, so pleased you have decided to stay! And that you don't think we lurkers are creepy!

Good luck with the rest of the kitchen renos!

Deanna March 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM  

So happy your staying, after I left my previous comment I went back and looked at your "Snooki" post and realized that I posted that exact same picture on my fb page the day before you posted on your blog! I too thought it was funny!

Vanessa March 15, 2012 at 5:51 AM  

I'm so glad you're staying, I would have MISSED you!

It is difficult not to be weakened by nasty comments, for some reason they tend to be the ones that stick in our minds but you have such an abundance of sense of self that I know you can see past it, if fact you already have.

I have learned a lot on here, most recently I knew not to fear my blood glucose test because of your post, and I am even contemplating cloth diapering - something I would never have considered! But it's also so nice to read about the thoughts of someone whose life appears in many ways quite similar to mine, dealing with pregnancy, going through the first few years of marriage and a baby, and who has so much common sense and humour to boot.

Oh, and your peanut-butter cookie recipe? A household staple.

And how could I have forgotten - I once dreamt about your chicken noodle soup.

And I read this blog to relax on the morning of my wedding!
Thanks again Heather, glad yuo're staying! :)

E March 15, 2012 at 7:49 AM  

Glad to hear that! I've been reading since just after you got married and always enjoy catching up! It is absolutely ridiculous the rude and obnoxious things people will say anonymously. The haters aren't worth your time!

Melanie,  March 15, 2012 at 10:22 AM  

Funny story about your tailbone story. I fell recently and injured my tailbone. I remembered your story and found your post about to see what you did to ease your pain!

I'm really happy to read that it's not creepy that I feel like you're my friend, haha. Between, my daughter being a similar age as Nora (they have a lot of the same toys and clothes), us redoing our kitchen soon, and us updating our home in general, we have so much in common going on right now.

I'm always jazzed when I see your new posts in my reader and they're always the ones I read first. :) Glad you're sticking around!

Maureen,  March 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM  

Yay!!! so glad to hear you will be staying

Stephanie March 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM  

I'm so glad you're staying around! I didn't get the chance to leave a comment on your other post, but I've been following since being on the June 08 Knot board with you and I do feel like I'm checking up on a friend when I see a new blog post. I love reading about Nora, I have a daughter a few months younger so it's great to see what to expect! Thanks for blogging :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP