Friday, December 31, 2010
When I'm in the mood for pizza, I'm usually in the mood for traditional pizza. You know, red sauce, mozzarella cheese, maybe some pepperoni and onions. Occasionally I'll want to go a little different with the toppings--add some broccoli, peppers--but even that is rare.
So to ask me to step completely out of the box and make an "alternative" style pizza? Well, I have to be in a special kind of mood.
Since we are celebrating this New Year's Eve with a quiet night at home, we decided to make some good "party-like" food, which included two mini specialty pizzas--taco pizza, which we've made a handful of times in the past, and then we decided to give this new one a try.
Since it's the dead of winter, we didn't grill chicken for this--we boiled it and shredded it instead. But you could do it either way, or even cook it up quickly in a pan on the stove.
Chicken Ranch Pizza
(Source: Annie's Eats)
- 1 recipe your favorite pizza crust (we use 1/2 of this recipe and freeze the other half for another time!)
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 to 1 grilled chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven according to the directions associated with your pizza crust. Prepare the pizza crust by rolling it out.
2. Spread the ranch dressing in a thin layer evenly over the unbaked crust. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Top with grilled chicken, tomato and green onions. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar.
3. Once assembled, put pizza into preheated oven. Bake according to the directions for your crust, or until the cheese is melted and browned.