2010

Friday, December 31, 2010

If there's one thing that I learned in 2010, it's what a huge difference just one year can make. Just 365 days ago, my life was so incredibly different.

When we bid farewell to 2009, I was somewhat happy to see it go. A good portion of that year had been spent trying to get pregnant, and learning that my body was not going to get that accomplished as easily as we had hoped.

So when the year ended and I was not yet pregnant (or rather, didn't yet know that I was), it felt a bit like 2009 had failed us. There had been a lot of trying times emotionally, and all I could think was that 2010 just had to be better. And so, understandably, I was really looking forward to 2010.

Of course, when we rang in the new year, we didn't know how much longer we would be waiting to become parents. Amazingly, gratefully, fortunately... it was just twelve days later that we learned that our baby was on its way.

From then on, 2010 became a year of incredible joy. We were blessed with a healthy pregnancy, and reveled in the excitement that comes with expecting a baby.

It was in 2010 that we transformed from Michael and Heather into Daddy and Mommy.

It was in 2010 that we received the greatest gift of all time--a beautiful, healthy, happy baby. A girl whom we can no longer imagine living without, because she is now the center of our lives.

So it's weird to think that 365 days ago, we didn't know she existed. Now, we will celebrate 2010 for the rest of our lives, each year when we mark Nora's birthdays. 2010 was an amazing year--the best ever.

I mean, really... what a difference a year makes.

And while we still don't know exactly what the new year will bring us, we know we will cherish every day that we have with our blessing of a daughter, and that our lives will certainly be full in 2011--full of laughter, full of love, full of joy.

I wish the same for all of you.

Happy New Year.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  December 31, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

I feel the same way. I am so glad your 2010 was as amazing as ours! :)

Amy January 1, 2011 at 1:08 AM  

Happy New Year! And Nora is of course SO super cute!

Vanessa January 1, 2011 at 6:43 AM  

Happy New Year Heather, I love this post and your blog. What balanced, happy people you are, with so much perspective. You are clearly terrific parents. I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store, may it be only wonderful things, and I wish you and your family only health and happiness.
Thanks for sharing it all with us!

Vanessa January 1, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

By the way, could little Nora be any cuter? I don't think so! She looks so snuggly in that cute t-shirt! :o)

Cynthia January 1, 2011 at 5:24 PM  

Happy New Year to your little family :)
Can I just say Nora's jeans in that picture are ADORABLE!

Dana January 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM  

I really like this post. Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous,  January 5, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

2010 was a great year! Cheers to an even better 2011!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP