Three Months Old

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dear Nora,

Three months old! You have officially graduated out of the “fourth trimester” and I think I can officially say that no one would consider you a “newborn” anymore. You have changed so much and it has been so amazing to witness.


You are growing like a weed. Most of the time, I don’t really realize how big you have become since I see you every day and the growth is so gradual to me. But then something will happen to put your size into perspective.

A few weeks ago, we were parked in the mother’s room at Babies ‘R’ Us so you could nurse, and another mother came in to nurse her baby, too. Her baby was only 10 days old and was around the same weight as you when you were born—I couldn’t believe how tiny she looked! Then, when I was preparing to take you to meet Santa, I thought I’d put you in the little red dress you wore for Uncle Tyler’s wedding. I thought it would probably be a bit short on you, but imagine my surprise when it was so small that I couldn’t even get your arms through it!

I’ve had to retire almost all of your newborn-sized clothes now. There are just a few pairs of pants that are still hanging around (you have short legs!), but those will be packed away soon, too. You’ve got the cutest little Buddha belly, you have a bit more chunk on your legs, and your little cheeks are getting fuller. I love watching you grow, knowing that you are happy and healthy.
The biggest thing that happened to us this month is that I went back to work. It has been hard, and we’re still adjusting, but you seem to be handling it like a star. Your sitter, Mary, tells us that you are all smiles during the days with her, and that you drain your bottles without issue. She says you love to observe the older girls playing. None of this surprises us at all! I miss you like crazy, though, and it’s really sad for me to have such limited time with you during the week. I race out of the office every day to get to you, so I can soak in every minute of you before we have to put you to bed.

Overall, you’ve continued to be a great sleeper—you still sleep through the night. Sometimes it is tough to get you down for the night, but once you’re out, you’re usually out until morning. You threw us for a loop the night before I went back to work when you decided to be wide awake between 3:00 and 5:00 a.m., but it seems that it was an anomaly. Silly girl! Right now, we’re working on transitioning you from sleeping in your Rock ‘N’ Play to a pack ‘n’ play, still in our room. In a few weeks, we’ll make the big transition to your own room, to your big crib!

You have the best disposition. You smile with your whole face—your eyes squint up into little slits. The sight of each smile makes my heart flutter, as it makes me so happy to see you happy. You have started to make more and more giggle noises, which are so awesome—I think you’ll be officially laughing by the time I write your next monthly letter.

Even though you have never cared for tummy time, and therefore have not spent that much time on your belly, you have somehow figured out how to roll from tummy to back. The first time you did it, we were at Aunt Melissa’s house, but I was sure you didn’t know what you had done. But then you did it again, and now there are times when I can’t get you to stay on your belly because you’ll continually roll over, again and again and again.

You can now focus on things that are a good distance away from you. We’ll catch you following Daddy’s movements in the kitchen from across the room. Your muscles are developing at a rapid rate, as you kick your legs and move your arms ALL OF THE TIME. When you’re in a good mood and interacting with us, your arms and legs just do not stop moving!

You blow tiny bubbles in your drool. When you want your pacifier, you love it, but there are other times when you could take it or leave it. You smile nearly every time I sing you “The Wheels on the Bus,” “The Itsy Bitsy Spider,” or “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.” You grip onto objects (like our fingers, my hair, or toys) so tightly that your fingertips turn white.

You love to clasp your hands together at your chest or up in front of your face. You’ve actually done this ever since you were born, but now that you have more control of your hands, you do it more and more. It looks like you’re praying, and it is absolutely adorable.

We are just a couple of weeks away from your very first Christmas, and Daddy and I are so excited to experience it with you. Even though you are too young to know what is going on, we are taking the opportunity to start holiday traditions with you. Christmas means so much more to Daddy and me now that you are here with us. And I know for a fact that the elves have already been shopping for you!

You are so much fun, and our lives with you just keep getting better and better. We love you more than we ever thought possible.

Happy 3 months, Sweetheart.

Love you forever and ever,
Mommy

4 comments:

Anne Marie December 11, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

Love the pics!! She's growing up so much :)

Anonymous,  December 12, 2010 at 4:21 AM  

such a sweet little girl! she's growing up so fast. She is by far one of the CUTEST baby girls I have seen! Nora, you are a doll! Happy 3 months!

Amy December 12, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

ohhhhhhhh my goodness!! she is soooooo adorable!!!!

basebell6 December 12, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

awwh happy 3 months! what a great idea with the oneies and the pictorial succession. cutie pie!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP