Peanut

Monday, March 14, 2011

Everyone describes small babies as "peanuts." I don't know why, but it's easily the most-used word to describe Nora since the day she was born. We hear it from everyone: "What a peanut!" And we use it ourselves, too. I just think it's kind of interesting when you step back and think about it. Where did that originate?

Anyway...

Our peanut continues to be a peanut. She had her six-month well-baby pediatrician's appointment today, and she weighs in at 13 lbs., 3 oz. (less than 10%); she is 25 inches long (25%); and I don't know her head measurement exactly, but it was 40%. Despite the differences in the percentiles, she's pretty well-proportioned. And despite being somewhat teeny, she has been declared perfectly healthy.


We practiced sitting up this weekend. She can do it for a minute or so if we balance her in exactly the right way. :) I was a little worried she might be a bit behind with this, but our pediatrician said it's more common to have a six-month-old baby who cannot sit up than it is to have one that can. That was enough to put this mama at ease.

And, in our doctor's words, she's "not even close" to teething. I guess I am totally imagining things! I guess it'll be a little while before I get to tell you all about that amber teething necklace she's wearing in the above picture--I have to know whether it works first, and she needs some teeth for that! Hmph. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous,  March 14, 2011 at 11:23 PM  

Looks like our daughters have similar favorites in toys...Aubrey will not go anywhere without those stackable rings! :)

~Kristen

Kate March 15, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

I have been in search of a teeth necklace... where did you get yours and what length did you get?

Marie March 15, 2011 at 9:03 PM  

Our daughter was closer to nine months before she could sit totally unassisted and began teething around 10-11 months while some babies have lots of teeth by 6 months and are trying to crawl! It is amazing how each baby is so different!

nikinikinine March 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM  

i love your peanut! My kids' heads are in the upper ranges too, their height in the mid range and their weight in the bottom LOL.

Baby Lollipops :)

Heather March 19, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

Kate--The necklace is from Inspired by Finn. It is the smallest length--I think 10ish inches?

Crystal March 26, 2011 at 6:37 PM  

I'm so relieved to hear you say that it's not rare for a 6mth old not to be sitting up because Lily isn't either and it's been concerning me.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP