Raspberries

Sunday, March 27, 2011

One day last week, I picked up Nora from daycare, and as I was putting her into her car seat, she started blowing raspberries at me. I laughed and said, "Whoa! That's new!" Our daycare provider told me that she had picked it up from Amelia, her daycare buddy (who is just two weeks younger than Nora). She said they were blowing raspberries at each other. How cute is that?

Now, she does it all the time, at random times. We try to get her to do it on demand but it rarely happens. She usually reserves it for 1) other kids and 2) Tessa. She loves to coo and blow raspberries at Tessa.

I happened to catch a couple seconds of her on video. I know they're not "real" raspberries--with the tongue sticking out--but it's still hilarious. Except when she does it with food in her mouth. That's just messy.

6 comments:

Pie March 29, 2011 at 11:40 PM  

This is so so cute! And she sort of did it on demand in the video. I can't believe she already understands so much!

caren March 30, 2011 at 7:11 AM  

I don't comment often but I had to laugh at Boyz II Men's "I'll Make Love to You" playing in the background! ha. Nora is adorable though!

Heather March 30, 2011 at 8:55 AM  

Thanks, guys.

@Pie - I think it was just a coincidence that she actually did it when I asked her to! I've asked her a dozen other times and she's never done it on demand. :)

@Caren - I KNOW! Too funny. We always have the radio on in the background when she's awake, and it sometimes results in a funny soundtrack to our lives, and in this case, our home movies! :)

Meegs March 30, 2011 at 12:16 PM  

She is too cute. Gwen did that for a while too, and I loved it! Though when she started teething (and therefore drooling) it definitely got a bit messy!! ;-)

See our video here:
http://meegs1982.blogspot.com/2010/05/raspberries.html

Amanda March 30, 2011 at 2:40 PM  

I've been reading your blog for awhile now... ever since someone pointed out your "Road to the Aisle" to me when I was planning my wedding. I really enjoy reading about Nora, as my husband and I are trying to get pregnant (we're going through a Clomid treatment right now). I love your updates, and Nora is just too cute! Love the raspberries!
~Amanda

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP