Countdown

Friday, October 14, 2011

The countdown is on. This beauty shall be mine:

Unfortunately, it won't be mine today, but on November 15. I have to wait until I'm eligible for an upgrade with Verizon. But, considering how long I've been waiting to ditch my crappy Blackberry and get my hands on an iPhone, one little measley month is not that torturous!

I've had a Blackberry for several years now. I got my first one (a Pearl) in 2008, not long before Michael and I were married. At the time, it was just.so.cool to be able to have internet! and e-mail! on my phone, so I was a happy camper. 

When I was eligible for an upgrade again in March 2010, I went into the store knowing that I wanted to get a Blackberry Tour. The sales guy tried to sell me on a Droid, which at the time were still fairly new and not as commonplace as they are now, so I stood my ground and told the guy to get me my Blackberry!

I regretted that decision shortly after. 

I soon realized the limits of my Blackberry compared to other phones, and when I started voicing those limits out loud, one of the digital guys at work said (and I'm paraphrasing), "Get rid of the Blackberry. You have to get an iPhone or a Droid." *BIG, HUGE SIGH* I've hated this Blackberry all along, and have been not-so-patiently waiting for my next upgrade to come around. At the beginning, it seemed impossibly far away, so knowing that there are only FOUR MORE WEEKS left with this piece of crap  is great. Plus, Apple decided to give me a little present and release the iPhone 4S just as I'm getting ready for my upgrade. Hooray!

Anyone in the same boat as I am, not-so-patiently waiting for the iPhone? Any who prefer Droid? Is there anyone who is actually loyal to Blackberry at this point (seems rare)? 

For all of you who are enjoying your new iPhones today--color me jealous. 

But not far behind.

10 comments:

Michelle MGD October 14, 2011 at 1:12 PM  

Mine is currently "out for delivery" so I'm beyond excited. I have a 3GS and have been able to upgrade for a few months but I held out for the new phone. A month isn't that long!

Erin October 14, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

I upgraded from a flip phone with no internet at all to an iPhone 2 years ago. Seriously - it was life changing. Then, a year later, I dropped it in a toilet and had to downgrade versions of iPhone from a 3Gs to the 3G and it was almost as bad as not having an iPhone at all, it was so slow. Then I got the 4 and have been in iPhone heaven ever since :) My hubs got his 4s today (He still had the 3Gs) and it sounds amazing but I'm still VERY happy with my 4! Nothing beats it when traveling, to read while nursing, to hold up to your baby's face when they require white noise to stop freaking out, etc. Oh I love it so :) Enjoy!!!!!!

Maggie October 14, 2011 at 6:42 PM  

ahhh i'm officially jealous! i have a droid and its ... okay. it's my first smart phone so i was enthralled in the beginning, but it's just gotten slower, and slllower and slllllllower. i'm up for renewal in february and am already counting down the days ..

Amanda October 14, 2011 at 8:40 PM  

I have four months until an upgrade and I doubt I can wait that long. I have a droid. I really like the interface, but I can't stand my phone itself. Now that sprint is carrying the iPhone, I predict I'll be getting it soon. The only reason I didn't get one today is because all of the sprint stores around me were out of stock by the time I got off of work.

Anonymous,  October 14, 2011 at 9:34 PM  

We are also waiting for ours... we pre-ordered, but apparently not early enough.

Alison October 14, 2011 at 11:36 PM  

Love my iPhone, and I'm not a Mac person at ALL. I'm pretty much the worst iPhone user ever, though. I use it to make phone calls, check my email, and take like 40,000 pictures of the baby. But my husband manages to spend a kajillion hours a day on his, so I'm sure I'm missing out on stuff.

Anonymous,  October 16, 2011 at 12:58 PM  

I have a blackberry....so wish I didnt. My upgrade is in December and I will be getting either the iphone or droid. Im not sure what I want. Ive heard mixed reviews about both types of phones. Any suggestions?

Vanessa October 17, 2011 at 9:42 AM  

I have an iphone 3GS and I absolutely love it! I have had it nearly a year and have another year to go until I can upgrade, but since before this phone I had a 7 year old Nokia, it's still freakin' amazing to me, so I can wait for the upgrade!

Holly @ BeachCoveJewelry October 19, 2011 at 12:00 AM  

I still have my, what seems ancient iphone 3g, the slowest one possible I imagine! I am impatiently waiting until my upgrade November 3rd. I can't wait!!

Jen October 20, 2011 at 5:41 PM  

We're an Android family. Hubby got the G1 (first android phone) the day it came out. Since then he was hooked and when I decided to get a smart phone, I got a droid because I had been playing with his so much. I got the Motorola droid to start and Hubby upgraded to the Droid Incredible. Then, he got promoted at work and had to get a work phone. He didn't want to carry two phones, so he gave me the Incredible. It really was incredible until the battery life started sucking, but it wasn't horrible.

A couple weeks ago, I upgraded to the Droid Bionic. It's really fast and the battery life is good. Oh, and remember that work phone Hubby got? It was an iPhone 4. He absolutely HATES it. I don't know if it's just because he's always used android phones or what, but it sucks. And I have to agree. I have a hard time with it when I use it. The new OS has helped out some, but he still prefers to use my phone for just about anything.

I figure it's kind of like the Canon vs Nikon or Wordpress vs Blogger thing. People love and hate each of them. You just have to find the one that works for your needs.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP