Housekeeping Items

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Well, now. Look who is able to pretend that they have time for their actual hobbies this week.

[It's ME!]

We finally completed the family room renovations this past weekend (well, MOSTLY completed), so we are taking a little break on house projects. I'm sure we'll be back to painting or something this weekend, so it won't be much of a break, but I'm glad to have a little time off.

Last night, I was suddenly inspired to tackle a little blog makeover. It's nothing fabulous, but at least the header photos aren't nearly a year old anymore. I still have dreams of having a professional redesign the blog for me someday, and I still contemplate making a move to Wordpress on a regular basis, but for now, this little update satisfies my need for change.

One thing that I've been considering doing for a while is creating a Facebook page for the blog. I was holding out for a profession redesign and planned to add Facebook at the same time, but since that's not happening, now's as good a time as any. I've been using Twitter to supplement my blog posts for a few years now, but I know that not everybody is on the Twitter bandwagon, and that far more people prefer Facebook. I'm hoping it'll give me an opportunity to share more (things that might not be worthy of a whole blog post), and interact with you on a more regular basis. So, why not give it a try? Throw me a bone and go ahead and click "like" in that box over there in the sidebar  :)  ----->

Lastly, I finally updated the recipe index. Holy moly, it had been a really long time. I don't know if anyone finds the recipe index useful, but I use it for meal planning all of the time. When I was going through to update it, I realized how many recipes I'd completely forgotten about--I can't wait to add some of them back into our rotation!

As always, if there are suggestions or comments about anything blog related--be it design, content, etc.--be sure to let me know.

Happy Wednesday.

5 comments:

kylee October 19, 2011 at 8:28 PM  

I actually use your recipe index a lot because you organize it well and I always know I'll find something good on it. So thanks! Ha.

Cheryl October 20, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

I use your recipe index all the time. In fact, that's why I logged on today!

Chicken & Basil Dumplings for dinner, anyone? They're fantastic :)

sexy October 21, 2011 at 5:00 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Giana October 21, 2011 at 5:02 AM  

I check your recipe index from time to time for meal planning.

I hope you write about foods you prepare for Nora. I have a 1 year old and it's hard to think of new foods to feed her. I'm curious what Nora eats these days.. =)

lbdesignsshop@gmail.com October 21, 2011 at 11:12 AM  

I log onto your blog at least once a week JUST for recipes!! : )

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP