Home for Halloween

Monday, October 31, 2011

We are home.

Somewhere between the disorganization and chaos of our lives these last few months, this place became our home. I didn't fully realize it until tonight.

Tonight, we walked our neighborhood to go trick-or-treat at a handful of houses with Nora, my brothers, their wives, and our nephew. I looked all around me to see kids running through yards, walking up and down driveways, ringing doorbells and collecting candy with calls of "trick or treat!" and polite "thank yous." Houses lit up, doors open, porches illuminated by jack-o-lanterns. It was the kind of neighborhood perfection that you see in the movies.

It honestly gave me the warm and fuzzies.

At one point, as I surveyed the scene around me, I turned to Michael and said, "Wow. This is awesome. I love this." This is exactly what I've always wanted, and what I've wanted to give to Nora.

It was a good night. Happy Halloween!














4 comments:

Vanessa November 1, 2011 at 7:01 AM  

How cute are Hunter and Nora? And your house looks beautiful! Look at that pretty front yard! Gorgeous! So glad that it now feels like home.

Kate (This Place is Now a Home) November 1, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

SO adorable!!! Love both of those costumes.

That transition from "house" to "home" is pretty awesome, huh?

Helen November 1, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

I love little kids in costumes. Adorable!

Welcome home :)

Kimberley November 1, 2011 at 1:46 PM  

she is so stinkin' cute!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP