White

Friday, January 13, 2012

As Michael and I drove to the pediatrician's office with Nora yesterday, it was raining. Driving through that type of weather, we marveled at how we couldn't believe that it was mid-January and we hadn't seen more than a dusting of snow. I wondered aloud whether we would actually have WINTER this year.

This, coming from a couple of people who apparently haven't seen a weather report in a while. What can I say? We've been distracted.

After taking Tessa outside to pee this morning, Michael came in to wake me up. He laughed, "So, we kind of got a lot of snow last night."

"REALLY??" I asked. I dragged my butt out of bed, showered, got dressed, got ready, and head downstairs before I even took a peek outside. Finally, I saw that overnight, winter had magically arrived. We had several inches of snow on our deck, everything in sight was white, the wind was blowing, and snow continued to fall.

I knew instantly that my commute was going to suck. And it did, but it wasn't as awful as it could have been. Lucky Michael got to stay home with Nora this morning, but I had to go in for a meeting. I did get to come back home around noon, and the roads were just as crappy then as they had been this morning. In fact, when I turned onto our street--it didn't even look like a street. The road was undetectable.


And it was beautiful.

Everyone was bitching today (even I was, when my fingers were frozen after scraping off my windshield), but we typically see this weather start in December, if not November. We're lucky to have gotten this far without it. Now, I'm just curious as to what will happen next. Is winter here to stay through March April? Or will we be back to the "new normal" before we know it?

Was anyone else surprised by some snowfall today? Experience crappy commutes? To this point, has this winter been as mild for everyone else as it has been for us?

5 comments:

Jen January 13, 2012 at 10:52 PM  

We haven't had any snow here in Boston either. It's kind of weird. Finally this week it's starting to get bitterly cold. I'm hoping it doesn't mean that winter lasts an extra month or two!

Kari January 14, 2012 at 7:39 AM  

They called for us to get 2-4" all during the 5:00 commute on Thursday evening. We maybe got a dusting. I just woke up to take the pup out (ON SATURDAY!) and there's a good 3 inches on the ground. Great call, weatherman.

We've had one random snow fall in December and some dustings here and there but that's been it. I like it that way...I just hope it's not snowing on Mother's Day to make up for it.

Cynthia January 14, 2012 at 9:16 AM  

I live in MA and we haven't had much snow either. We got a little Wednesday night and then yesterday we had some snow and it turned to rain. It's been so weird.

Melissa January 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM  

It snowed down here in Kentucky this week. This, of course, after last week when we were all driving in short-sleeves with the windows down - lol. It's definitely been a mild winter, but I'm not complaining. :)

Clint & Alicia McLaws January 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM  

Um....Its been 73 and gorgeous here for days :p No lie!!! Arizona is the best

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP