Fried

Monday, April 9, 2012

My brain, that is. And my nerves.

I worked for 60+ hours last week, including three full, exhausting days in Boston (one of which was Easter Sunday). It was fun and nice to work outside of the office, but I didn't get home until last night at around 10:30 p.m. After taking a few extra hours with Nora this morning to help make up for missed time with her, I took her to daycare and headed into a full work week with... more piles of work.

It's a busy time, and--don't get me wrong--that's great, but I am just mentally exhausted. I'm at the point where my brain seems like it physically hurts, and when people send me e-mails about additional tasks--even simple ones--I find myself on the verge of tears. It's not even that my workload is THAT bad now that I'm back; it's just that after working for seven eight days in a row now (putting extra hours in every single day), I am spent.

I am more than ready for the weekend, yet it's only Monday. Wahhhh.

So please excuse my continued lack of posting. I have Easter pics to share (we celebrated last Sunday, on April 1) and a few other little updates--but no work on the kitchen lately, boo!--at some point this week.

On a travel-related note, despite being there for three days, I didn't get to see ANY of Boston, which was disappointing. Thankfully we're planning a vacation back there sometime this summer if we can swing it. With the exception of this weekend, I haven't been since about 15 years ago, and Michael has never been, so it should be fun. We haven't taken a real vacation since Mexico last July, which is a really long stretch for us. But hey, we bought a house 'n' stuff, so you know how that goes.

ANYWAY, I'm about to go veg on the couch for a bit before sleeping, hoping to rest my body and brain for a bit. So... happy Monday? (That's me, trying to be optimistic. HA!)

4 comments:

Jen April 9, 2012 at 9:50 PM  

Ugh I hate when work gets like that! If you need any help with your upcoming Boston trip, let me know. I can definitely recommend some restaurants and whatnot.

Vanessa April 10, 2012 at 2:45 AM  

I know exactly how you feel - work has been like that for me, too, just as my mom was visiting from abroad too. Horrible. I just wanted to say how much I love Boston! Of all the places I've visited in America, it's my favourite. It is beautiful and walk able and there's so much to do! Hope you can make the trip!

Dana April 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM  

How do you do it all? I am nerves about going back to work and taking my new little one to the sitter. I just wonder if I can do it all.

MamatoJackson April 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM  

I hear ya, working like that is so exhausting, especially with a wee one and house projects! Speaking of the house, any news on "the offer"???

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP