Funfetti Blondies

Sunday, April 22, 2012

My cooking/baking had already become pathetic, but it was taken to a whole new level once we started the kitchen renovation. Now, we have a functional kitchen, but I have a very, very busy day job and we still have a to-do list a mile long for our house, so cooking and baking remains low on the list of priorities. Hence the VERY FEW recipes you've seen posted on this blog over the last several months.

But yesterday we were visiting family and I wanted to contribute to the food spread, so I looked for an easy dessert recipe that I could whip up last minute in the morning. That proved to be a little bit of a challenge in and of itself because I also very rarely read food blogs anymore, and I've kind of given up on Pinterest for the time being, so... I don't have much bookmarked. I happened to sign into my Google Reader and look at the starred items, and lo and behold, this recipe jumped out at me.

First of all, blondies = easy. Hooray! These came together really quickly (as you would expect), and they were a hit with the crowd. Delightfully chewy, and I absolutely love the addition of almond extract. The combination of white chocolate chips and sprinkles? Perfection. I had some Easter/spring sprinkles on hand that I wanted to use up, so my blondies were lovely pastels. :)

Whip up a batch of these for yourself and enjoy!

Funfetti Blondies
(Source: Beantown Baker)

Ingredients:
- 14 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sprinkles

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 9x13 pan with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.

2. In a large microwave safe mixing bowl melt the butter. Allow to cool for 5 mintues.

3. Mix the sugars with the melted butter and beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then the extracts. Add salt, stir in flour and baking powder. Stir in white chocolate chips and sprinkles.

4. Pour into prepared pan and use a greased spatula to evenly spread mixture in pan and level the top. Bake for 24-28 minutes or until set in the middle. Cool on rack before cutting.

3 comments:

Kate April 23, 2012 at 8:52 AM  

Um, these look friggin delicious ::drool::

Dana April 27, 2012 at 5:33 PM  

Thanks for the recipe. I just made some and they are yummy. I changed the white chocolate chips to peanut butter ones and added pecans.

JGL May 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM  

Thanks for the recipe. I'm making some for my son's day care's "teacher appreciation day."

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP