Water, Baby

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Last spring, we signed Nora up for a waterbabies class as soon as she was old enough (minimum age is six months). This year, we debated about whether to do it again, and decided that it would be a good way to gear up Nora for the summer. She hadn't been in a pool since last year, so we wondered what she would think of it--would she like it again? Hate it? We weren't sure what to expect.

The best thing about waterbabies classes? Seeing tiny humans in tiny bathing suits. I DIE.
This year's suit is brought to you by Old Navy. They had a lot of cute ones!
As it turned out, we had nothing to worry about. Nora loves the water. In fact, she loves it so much that she wishes she could traipse around in it all by herself. Miss Independent here waded out into the water to her waist without assistance. She would've gone further if Michael hadn't been right there to grab her. Sheesh.
Singing songs? That's cool with Nora. Playing with toys? That's cool, too. Doing all of that (and more) in the water? AWESOME.
The instructor (who is like 12--when did I get so old??) was talking to Nora and I loved the way Nora was looking at her. I've been joking that she was like, "Lady. I've got this!" My little smartypants.
Chasing toys in the whirlpool...
...and hopping like frogs ("ribbet... ribbet... ribbet...") across the pool. The only thing that Nora doesn't like about swim class?
...When it's over.

7 comments:

Elizabeth April 30, 2012 at 12:48 AM  

Oh. My. God.

The cuteness! Those little frills on her swimmers are to die for, love it.

She has such beautiful expressive eyes and smile.

She is clearly a water baby! Go Nora!

Vanessa April 30, 2012 at 4:54 AM  

I can't cope with the cuteness! Those frills, honestly!
Sooo gorgeous! It's great that she loves the water so much... lots of time in the paddling pool this summer I think! :)

Cynthia April 30, 2012 at 7:51 AM  

I think I am going to die from the cuteness! The ruffles.....OMG!
Swimming it so great to get kids into. My son was petrified of water until he started taking lessons when he was 4. Now he is 10 and competes on a swim team.

Anonymous,  April 30, 2012 at 8:30 AM  

She is beyond adorable. Swim class looks like so much fun. : )

Lucianna April 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM  

Oh my gosh that first picture of Nora practically stopped my heart - how cute in her bathing suit!!!

Amy April 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM  

Ok, ruffles on babies KILL me! How adorable!

And her smile?? So so cute!

That's so awesome that she loves the water, and major props to y'all for getting her in the water early on!

Kristi April 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM  

Really a sweet post! That last picture needs to be framed!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP