A Day in the Life

Monday, June 18, 2012

At the end of last week, I talked about doing a little "day in the life" project using Instagram. I committed to completing the project over the weekend, and I'm happy to say that I followed through. Woot woot!

The concept was simple: Take (at least) one photo an hour throughout the day to chronicle "a day in the life" and post via the Instagram app.

Some of you may have followed along yesterday. Some of you may have participated yourselves (yay!). And if you did participate yourself, please feel free to share a link in the comments where I can take a look! I tried to follow back a lot of people yesterday, but if I missed you, many apologies.

As promised, I'm also sharing the resulting photos here. It starts just as I was getting out of bed yesterday, and ends with me back in bed again. A true day in the life!

I wish they had time stamps, but oh well. A lesson for next time. The photos are all below, with their original captions. I'll let them do the talking. :)


{Good morning}

{Breakfast for Father's Day (strawberry pancakes)}

{Thrilled}

{Few errands en route to strawberry patch}

{Strawberry fields forever}

{Nap time for her, chores for us}

{Paying bills. BLAH. I do get some sick sort of satisfaction out of crossing them off for the month, though.}

{Father's Day gift}

{And so starts the afternoon. Love! #nofilter}

{Finished an early dinner}

{$2}

{Target run}

{Crabby}

{Bathtime}

{Post-wash curls}

{Bedtime stories}

{Photos}

{Contemplating getting Nora some baby crocs. She's already outgrowing her athletic sandals we bought this spring. *sigh* I hate when growth spurts happen in the middle of a season!}

{Diaper laundry}

{Tired doggy}
{Tucking myself into bed with a little TV. Goodnight!}

Fun project. In fact, I might challenge myself to do it again... once a month? Every couple of months? We'll see. I challenge you to do it, too. And don't forget to share your links with me here.

5 comments:

Vanessa June 19, 2012 at 4:49 AM  

This is such a cute idea! Sorry I didn't particupate, but I will try to do so next weekend. We had pancakes this weekend, too - YUM!

Kristin June 19, 2012 at 8:27 AM  

I followed your blog as a fellow upstate knottie and continue to now as an expat in Shanghai. Here is my link (I didn't link back to you since I get a lot of international traffic): http://www.donutstodumplings.com/2012/06/one-day.html

Phase Three of Life June 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM  

Loved this project! I followed along with yours and participated myself: http://www.phasethreeoflife.com/2012/06/day-in-life-fathers-day-edition.html

Erin June 19, 2012 at 1:22 PM  

I love doing these! I always take it way too far with the photos and documenting though, so it ends up being a monumental task - but they are so fun to look back at. I think i've done 6 or so now, all tagged with "day in the life" on my blog :)

Heather June 19, 2012 at 9:40 PM  

Thanks for participating, guys! I had fun taking a look at your links. Vanessa, let me know when you're done, I'd love to see! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP