Fun with Instagram

Thursday, June 14, 2012

I love Instagram. As far as social media goes, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite. (Shhhh... don't tell Facebook.)

You all know Instagram by now, right? It's a FREE app that you can download--on either an iPhone or a Droid now--and you upload photos (usually pretty random ones) to your feed. You can run different vintage effects on them to make them look more interesting.

I've been using Instagram ever since I got my iPhone, so I've been posting some of my Instagram photos to Twitter and Facebook for months now. You've even seen them here on the blog.

Here are a few recent ones:




(Want to follow me on Instagram? Find me - I'm heatherkj, like on Twitter.)

Lately, I've been thinking about how I want to do a little project with Instagram. I'll often see these "Photo a Day" things circulating around on there, but I was thinking of something a little different.

I want to capture a day in my life via Instagram. To take photos of every single thing I do all day would be... well, ridiculous. But my goal is to pick a day (probably on a weekend--much more fun) and take a photo every hour.

Except when I'm sleeping. I'm not that dedicated.

When I succeed, I'll post all of the pics here on my blog. Sounds fun, but it could end up being supremely boring. Only time will tell.

Does anyone else want to participate with me? If so, pick a day (I'm picking Sunday). Start Instagramming when you wake up, and continue by taking and posting a photo every hour. Compile them all in a blog post or a Flickr album or something and come back to share the link here on Heather Drive on Monday. It's a fun way for me to get to know all of you a little bit, and hey, you can even get to know a little bit about each other, if you're so inclined.

Have a lovely, photogenic weekend. :)

5 comments:

Michelle MGD June 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM  

I'll do this Sunday too! I'll be on the airplane for a bit so I won't be able to post them every hour but I'll make sure to get them uploaded during my layover in Honolulu. :)

YAY!

Phase Three of Life June 15, 2012 at 4:20 PM  

Great idea! Love it. I'm so in.

You should check out the Photo: 52 ABCs project on facebook. I think you'd be into it. You take one photo a week and attribute it to a letter (like the first week could be "A is for Airplane" and then take a picture of Nora with a toy airplane or playing an airplane game or whatever and label it). Throughout the course of a year, you go through the alphabet twice. I'm compiling all the photos into an alphabet book for Ryan.

Anyway, we're almost to the end of the alphabet, so you could start over with us in a couple weeks with the letter A.

Giana June 16, 2012 at 1:06 PM  

Interesting idea, Heather. instagram is my fave too. will follow you. --- jiena27 =)

Unknown July 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM  

Hi! i would like to know what camera do you use for take your pictures, they are great!!!

Unknown July 5, 2012 at 4:24 PM  

Hi! i would like to know what camera do you use for take your pictures, they are great!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP