Ketchup Day

Friday, March 5, 2010

Welcome to Ketchup Day: March 2010 Edition. Come on in and sit down for a while. :)
______________________________________________________

So I have fallen into "crappy blogger" mode again this week. I wish I could get back into the routine of it, but it has been hard. I have been so busy, though. We haven't been cooking hardly at all, and it seems like there haven't been enough hours in each day. I'm exhausted!

I promise I'm going to try to be better again really soon. We've had nice, sunny weather the past few days (still cold, though), and it's like my energy is renewed just from seeing sunlight. As the weather gets warmer, it'll only get better. I can't wait.
______________________________________________________

My time at my current job is winding down. It's starting to feel a little weird; I think I'm in a little bit of denial! I've been here for 3.5 years and it's always strange to make such a big change.

Yesterday, my department went out to lunch together one last time, and next week, I have another lunch and a farewell cake planned in my honor. At least I'm lucky enough to be leaving on good terms, right? I feel blessed.
______________________________________________________

Aside from my job change situation, another thing that has been keeping me really busy this week is a CAKE! I'm working on the most complicated cake design I've done yet. It is kicking my butt. I've spent every night this week working on it, and tonight will be the biggest night yet. The cake is for Michael's grandfather's surprise 80th birthday party, and the party is tomorrow, so... well, needless to say, it'll be done soon. I'll reveal tomorrow!
______________________________________________________

I'm actually looking forward to the Oscars on Sunday, even though I only care about maybe six of the awards. I find everything else to be tremendously boring (I don't even really care who is wearing what), so I'm planning to DVR and fast-forward to the good parts.

My guesses for the big awards:
Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds) for Supporting Actor
Mo'Nique (Precious) for Supporting Actress
Jeff Bridges (Crazy Heart) for Lead Actor
Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side) for Lead Actress (I love, love, LOVE her. I really hope she wins.)
James Cameron for Director
Avatar for Best Picture

We'll see how it goes. I don't really think there will be any surprises this year.
______________________________________________________

I've been up for a new phone for a while now, but haven't been especially motivated to actually go and get the upgrade. We're sticking with Verizon, so I'm sticking with BlackBerry. I currently have the Pearl, which I've liked, but I'm ready for a "full-size" BlackBerry. I can get the Tour or the Curve. Anyone with any opinions on that? Just curious.
______________________________________________________

I think that does it for now. I hope everyone is well, and I hope you all have fabulous (and SUNNY!) weekends.

5 comments:

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} March 7, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

Busy time for you!

You are right its so good to leave your current job on a high, I just got made redundant this week and it all happened so quick, just a week and a bit between finding out it was a possibility and leaving! Still prob havent really got used to it!

Hockey Sticks and Nail Polish March 7, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

I have the Tour, as my first Blackberry, and I looove it!! It's very durable, as I tend to drop it frequently (oops!). Big screen, buttons are big enough to type on. I love it!

Lesley Rae March 8, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

get the tour! Steve got it for me for Christmas and it's AWESOME. So many apps that are worth getting and so much easier to use than the pearl. I love having a qwerty keyboard too. It seriously is waaaay better than the pearl!

rachel brady,  March 9, 2010 at 12:09 AM  

verizon has a pretty cool curve 2, i will never ever go back to anything other than blackberry. I have had the curve 1 and now 2 with verizon and love it. my husband now have a curve 2 too! i am so excited you are having a baby! i have been waiting to see something like this on your site and i have been following you for about two years. you both will be GREAT parents!

Clint & Alicia McLaws March 9, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

I have the Curve 8900....and I absolutely LOVE it!! Its sleek and thinner than a traditional blackberry. But its a large blackberry, which I love. I didn't want the small one. Have fun shopping for one! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP