Angel Oak & Folly Beach

Saturday, February 12, 2011

First things first: NORA SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! Wheeee! In fact, she slept until after 8:00 a.m. this morning, and probably would've slept longer had we remained quiet. Once we were close to being ready and it started getting close to 8:00, we began to move around the room as normal, actually hoping she would stir because we wanted to get the day started! We were so happy for her to get some sleep, given the circumstances--sick and away from home. She seemed to REALLY not be feeling well this morning, my poor baby.

Once she was up, though, we got her dressed and headed downstairs to meet Dave, Lynsay, and Gavin at breakfast. Shortly after that, we were on the road to the Angel Oak. Again, the drive was around 20-25 minutes, but it was nice because it was a BEAUTIFUL morning.

The Angel Oak is a live oak tree that is more than 1,500 years old. Isn't that crazy?
It was pretty cool to see its huge, sprawling branches.

We stayed for a while, just walking around and snapping lots of photos.

Look how sick she looks. :(

I was squatting down near the ground, taking photos like this:

When suddenly my little girl came into the frame, thanks to Michael lifting her up on that branch. She apparently thought it was a very fun game of peek-a-boo, because look at her smile!

What a goof.

There's not much else to see there, aside from the Angel Oak, so we probably spent maybe 30 minutes there before we got back in the car to head back the way we came. On the way back, though, we took a detour down to Folly Beach.

While it definitely wasn't ideal beach weather, we were perfectly comfortable in our jeans and jackets, so we walked around for quite a while, enjoying the breeze, the water, the sand, and the sunshine. Plus, Nora got to sit in the sand for the very first time.

There were a lot of starfish washed up on the shore!

Before too long, Dave and Lynsay had to head back to the hotel to get G down for his nap, so they left while we stayed behind to enjoy a little more time on the shore.

Once Nora seemed like she had had enough, we packed up and got back into the car.

Our next destination? A Verizon Wireless, so we could pick up a brand new iPhone for Michael. (I am so freaking jealous. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until November! WAHHH!) With the new phone in hand, we headed back to the hotel to meet up with our friends again.

While we were finishing up at Verizon, Dave ordered and picked up a pizza from Sabatino's for all of us to share for lunch. It was the most gigantic pizza I have ever seen. Dave ordered an extra large and it was just that... EXTRA LARGE. It was thin crust, New York style pizza, though, so between the four of us, we were able to handle it. It was really good, but pretty greasy. Nothing a few dozen napkins can't take care of, though! I should've taken a picture of how huge the pizza was (it was hilarious to walk in and see it on Dave and Lynsay's bed), but we were too busy devouring it.

Gavin should be up from his nap any minute, and then we have to rush out of here to go catch a ferry to take a tour of Fort Sumter. More later!


Anonymous,  February 17, 2011 at 9:34 PM  

I so love the mini-North Face Nora is wearing! I wanted to get one for Aubrey, but couldn't justify the $$$. (The only one I saw was about $60. :( )

Heather February 17, 2011 at 9:41 PM  

Oh, I know, Kristen! Rest assured, we did not pay $60 for it. For one, it was a Christmas gift from Michael's aunt, and two, she actually has a family hook-up--she was able to get it for something like 50-60% off. Otherwise, it's highway robbery!

Maggie February 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM  

such a cute family =) and i'm jealous of your hubs getting an iphone too - i'm not eligible for a new phone until FEBRUARY! i'm hoping by then they have an iphone 5 or something!

Anonymous,  February 17, 2011 at 10:49 PM  

I figured you had to have gotten a deal. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP