Mobile

Monday, February 7, 2011

Over the weekend, Nora became a rolling MACHINE.

First, I should say that after she learned to roll from back to belly, she kind of "forgot" how to roll from belly to back, even though that's what she had done first. From the beginning of December until the middle of January, we had a baby who would ONLY roll from belly to back. Then, for the last few weeks, we had a baby who would ONLY roll from back to belly.

Now, it seems she has figured out how to do both.

I had a clue something was going on Saturday morning, when I went to get her out of bed. She had been sleeping on her stomach (her ONLY sleeping position these days), but when I peeked over the side of the crib, she was on her back staring back up at me. Not only that, but the little stinker actually had her binky in her mouth--which she had NOT had in her mouth overnight. I asked Michael if he had gone in there to turn her onto her back and give her the binky, and he said he hadn't. We were amazed not so much by the roll to her back (I just figured she had finally figured it out again!), but more by the binky... she obviously found it in her crib, grabbed onto it, and managed to turn it around the right way and stick it into her mouth. Genius!

Later that morning, I put her in her crib to play while I was putting away some laundry in her room. I saw her roll from back to belly, then the next time I looked over, she was on her back again. I looked over again, and she was on her belly. She had traveled from one end of the crib to the other!

So we put her to the test on the floor. As it turns out, the girl can get around now:

She rolls with purpose. Put a toy just out of her reach? She will roll to it.

We are in so much trouble.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  February 7, 2011 at 10:04 PM  

She's so casual about it, too! How adorable. My nephew rolled everywhere for like 3 months, finally mastered crawling and did that for about a month, and then he was standing up...and then he was walking at 9 months! Start all the serious baby-proofing now!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP