Impromptu

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Winter has always been pretty depressing for me in terms of photography--indoors, natural light can be difficult to come by, and it's often too cold to spend time taking pics outside (especially of babies and kids, who are my favorite subjects).

One of my greatest disappointments in myself as a mother so far is that I have not taken enough "good" pictures of Nora. Sure, I pull out the camera and take lots of what I call "snaps," but I have not spent a lot of time really photographing my daughter.

But after Nora's afternoon nap today, I took out the camera and on a whim, decided to place her in some natural light for pics. I opened all the blinds and still needed crank up my ISO, but I managed to get a few I could work with.

And I know I'm biased, but check out those eyes! :)


I think I need to do impromptu photo shoots more often!

8 comments:

Lisa February 5, 2011 at 11:13 PM  

The pics look great and it's not just you, those eyes are amazing. That smile is pretty cute too. Nora is just beautiful! :0)

Vanessa February 6, 2011 at 4:29 AM  

These are gorgeous, Heather, Nora is beautiful! Her face is filling out now and it's so beautiful, she is looking like a gorgeous little girl.

Thanks for sharinG!

Gia February 6, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

Heather, Nora is simply beautiful! Great shots!!

nikinikinine February 6, 2011 at 11:08 PM  

the first and last picture are my favorite. I really need to take the time to learn how to shoot in Manual!

Mrs. Boom February 7, 2011 at 5:38 PM  

Her eyes are incredible..great shots :)

Anonymous,  February 7, 2011 at 5:39 PM  

You should consider putting Nora in baby modeling. She is ADORABLE!

Jessica February 9, 2011 at 7:39 AM  

These pictures are gorgeous! You have a beautiful girl! Would you ever consider doing an online photo workshop? (Perhaps for a fee)

Wishing on stars February 9, 2011 at 1:57 PM  

Those pictures are beautiful! Her eyes are so pretty Heather, great job with the pics!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP