New Addiction

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Words with Friends.

I'm not lucky enough to have an iPhone yet (I'm not due for my Verizon upgrade until November), but my husband kindly lets me borrow his on nights and weekends so I can keep up with the six or seven Words with Friends games I have going on at any given time.

I've played against friends and coworkers. Internet pals and random strangers.

I've kicked ass. And, well, I've had my ass kicked. (I'm looking at you, Michelle. Twice. Can you say "rematch"?)

It's fun, and I love the challenge of it. It's probably a good thing that I don't have access to the phone during the day, because that way I can't get distracted with playing during work hours!

For those of you who are unfamiliar, Words with Friends is a smartphone version of Scrabble. As far as I know, the app is only available to iPhone and Droid users. (I'm a lowly BlackBerry owner, booooo.)


I love how it so gently says, "YOU LOSE!" at the top. Nice.

Until my upgrade, I will live vicariously through Michael, and enjoy my shared custody on nights and weekends. Hopefully, by the time I get an iPhone of my very own, I'll be a Words with Friends MACHINE.

Watch out, world.

8 comments:

Anonymous,  February 24, 2011 at 8:02 AM  

I don't have an iphone either, but play words with friends on my android and love it too!

Megan February 24, 2011 at 9:01 AM  

Off to the Droid Market, lol. I just got a new phone yesterday :)

Michelle MGD February 24, 2011 at 10:40 AM  

LOL! I felt so special to get a shout out in your blog that I beat you! :) Don't worry, you will get better. And I love how we both blogged about WWF on the same day. We are nerds.

Heather February 24, 2011 at 10:55 AM  

Erin & Megan - Jealous! I wish they had a WWF app for BlackBerry.

Michelle - I saw your post last night! Funny, because I actually wrote mine on Tuesday night after you beat me, and just scheduled it to post yesterday. :)

Krystie February 24, 2011 at 7:02 PM  

I double heart WWF! I'm also currently addicted to angry birds and boggle.

You'll get your iphone soon, and on the plus side, you'll get access to the new iphone 5! ( if Verizon offers that one when it comes out)

Krystie February 24, 2011 at 7:02 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wishing on stars February 26, 2011 at 1:10 AM  

What is WWF?
My co-workers have been asking me to play Words With Friends but I don't have an iPhone either. I do have an iPod touch but no internet access at work.

You might want to check this out though...http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Verizon-with-Apple-iPhone-Near-Cancels-Upgrade-Incentives-Report-129567/

It does mention that they plan to "grandfather" previous customers in for one last time, but I'm not really sure if this will happen. When I heard about this I was sooo bummed. I'm dying for an iphone and I know my upgrade is coming up soon. :-(

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP