A New Beginning

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Alright, here we go. This is it: My new blog.

I'm not completely done with Road to the Aisle. There are still some things I want to post over there (professional pics, a few other wedding-related things, photos of projects I do, etc.). For a while, I might even double post certain things that may appear both on Road to the Aisle and this new blog.

It's all about a smooth transition. :)

So I guess I should explain how I landed on "Heather Drive." To be honest, I'm not 100% satisfied with the name, but I got frustrated and decided to just go with it. Because seriously, does it really matter?

Anyway... my mom grew up right around the corner from a street called Heather Drive. She claims that the street is not why she named me Heather. Her story is that she knew a Heather in high school who was beautiful and fun, and she just thought it was a beautiful name. I always thought that naming me after "Heather Drive" would have been a much better tale, but I digress.

When I was younger, I used to think it would be THE COOLEST thing if I could live on Heather Drive. You know how it is when you're a kid... it's fun to see your name on anything--pencils, magnets, keychains--and I thought a street sign was pretty awesome.

As I was wracking my brain for blog name ideas, I kept going back to Heather Drive for a couple of reasons. 1) As a child, Heather Drive was sort of a dream. It was where I wished I could live. Therefore, Heather Drive can be seen as somewhat of a goal. A metaphor for a "perfect" life. 2) Hey, in a very distant way, it does kind of tie into Road to the Aisle. Road... drive... get it? Haha! OK, I'll admit, I'm really reaching there. But still... it did cross my mind.

One of the biggest problems I had with naming the blog is that I can't really classify what I want the blog to be. I want to be able to share day to day things, but there were other things to consider. In the future, there may be a house hunt. Followed by new house decorating. Recipes to try, review, and share. And, well, who knows... maybe even a pregnancy someday. I was overwhelmed with all of the possibilities. So the challenge was: How do I pick a name that all of these things could fit under? It had to be pretty all-encompassing, very general.

And so here it is. It may not be the most creative blog name ever. It may not even be the best I could come up with. But it's me.

I guess all that's left to say is... Welcome! I hope you'll stick with me and continue to read.

11 comments:

MW July 16, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

Yippee!! Congrats on your new blog, I can't wait to read about your adventures!

Jen July 17, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

love the name!yay for new beginnings!

Sony625 July 17, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

Congrats on the launch of your new blog! Love the name...you've inspired me to start a blog but I also can't seem to come up with a name...maybe now I'll get some motivation! Can't wait to see what new adventures come your way.

Anonymous,  July 17, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

I just added your new blog to my favorites!

I'm sooooo happy you decided to keep blogging! I even created a blog for myself after my wedding because of you! I love the thought of keeping a journal, but I don't have a lot of time when I'm home, so a blog fit in perfectly because I can update it when I have down time at work!

Thanks for all of your inspiration and for keeping a new blog!

ktmac32 July 17, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

I just realized that I belong to blogger so I can post with my ID... unlike above where I hadn't realized that yet. Oh well.

Anonymous,  July 17, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

I added your new blog to my favorites. I'll still continue to check them both daily...

You are like a drug Heather... I'm addicted to you and your life!

Heather July 17, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

I love the name!
..But I might be biased..
:)

Melinda July 17, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

I am so happy to be a part of the new blog, I think the name works well! I am so excited that you decided to continue to blog!

Anonymous,  July 17, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

Love the new blog and its name! Thanks for all the blogging and continuing to do so. Now I want to go try the basil pesto...

Gia July 17, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

I am so glad you decided to continue blogging!! ANd I like the name!

Anonymous,  July 18, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

I am glad you decided to continue writing! I really can't wait for the house buying and the pregnancy bit. That will be the peak of my interests, in all honesty :] I also thought it was funny that I follow three blogs. Besides babyrabies.com, its dooce.com and yours. Both my favorite bloggers are named Heather! Crazy.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP