Suzie Homemaker

Friday, July 18, 2008

Holy crap.

I've been married four weeks... I might as well be going on 40 years. What have I done?

Well, I've signed up for cake decorating classes.

And if I'm being perfectly honest, nothing has ever made me feel so old. But if I'm going to be even more honest... I'm super excited for them. Ha!

Michael's offers Wilton cake decorating classes, and I'm planning on starting them at the beginning of August. The first course is two weeks, four classes... and teaches all of the cake decorating basics.

I'm crafty, but I really suck with icing. You need proof? Pathetic. So I'm hoping to learn a few things. The courses are cheap--$17-$20 per course (each course has the four classes). Of course, you need quite a few supplies. While I was at Michael's last night, I picked up a cake decorating kit, and a few other things (parchment paper, a cool stand mixer spatula, etc.). I also picked up wax paper and toothpicks today at Wegmans.

My cake decorating caddy

All of the icing tips, colors, etc. that came with the kit

Some of the other supplies the came with the kit, plus the extras I bought


If I had to guess, I'd say that the start-up cost for the supplies is like $50-$60. But once you have all of this stuff, much of it lasts forever. You know I'm old and married when I'm thinking things like, "Wow, this will be a really great skill to have for our kids' birthday cakes!" Uhhh, yeah.

Anyway, I'll keep you all updated on my progress through Course 1. Should be interesting.

So, local friends and family... I know you're out there. Anyone interested in taking the course with me? C'monnnnnn. You know you want to. Let me know. It starts August 4.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 21, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

YAY! How fun! GL with the courses! I'm sure you'll love it!

Anonymous,  July 21, 2008 at 10:51 AM  

I think it would be fun to take frosting lessons. Def. can't wait to see some creations of yours. I'm trying to find a hobby to get into now that the wedding is over.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP