Baby Shower #2

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Today, we had our second baby shower. Michael's mom, sisters, and aunt threw it for me (us). The guests were from Michael's side of the family, and because of the location, my college friends were invited to this one, too.

It was an awesome afternoon with good family, good friends, and good food. Like my other shower, it was relatively small so I felt like I got to spend some time talking with everyone, which was great. We played a few cute games, enjoyed some cake, and I opened all over the (VERY generous) gifts.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of photos yet, but there are a few to share. Also, I missed out on getting a photo with all of my hostesses, which I'm really sad about! But everyone was running around doing so much that it escaped us until we were all home afterwards. Oops. :(


The cake. It was almond cake/icing and had like a strawberry cream/mousse filling or something; it was delish!

The gift table

So much stuff for the little one...

Laughing with Cristina as I open Bumbo chair #2... oops! Thankfully, we had very few registry screw-ups, but somehow, TWO people bought us Bumbos and it was never marked off of our registry. Things that make you go hmmm....

I had BOYS at my shower again. (The horror!) Our brother-in-law, Andy, and nephew, Logan. Also in attendance were our other nephew Brendan, Michael's uncle Mike, and Michael's grandfather. :)

Who knew plastic cups could be so much fun?? Logan was such a serious baby, but the last few times we've seen him, we've been amazed at how he has all of a sudden developed this huge personality. Love him!


With two of my friends from college.

We received many wonderful gifts, including our high chair, extra car seat base, the Bumbo and accessory tray, burp cloths, onesies, the changing table supplies, and more. We also received several gift cards and cash gifts--which will all be put to very good use, I assure you!

I'm overwhelmed by the generosity of others and am so grateful to my "other" wonderful family... it's so nice to have married into such a nice group of people. I can't wait to add another little person to the family! :)

2 comments:

Crystal August 10, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

You're so lucky you've received so many good gifts. I didn't get hardly anything I need at mine so now it's stressing me out about what all we need to buy within 7 weeks!

Heather August 10, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

I'm sorry to hear that, Crystal. :( I'm sure that's frustrating. I think we really lucked out because we are "Team Green"--people really can't go nuts with clothes and the "cutesy" stuff because there's really not a whole lot of gender-neutral stuff out there! I had heard from friends that a perk to not knowing the baby's sex was that we were more likely to get the practical stuff as gifts... and that definitely ended up being true for us.

The nice thing is that, at least in the beginning, babies really don't NEED a lot of stuff. Hopefully you'll be able to prioritize and spread out your purchases over time, and who knows--maybe you'll continue to get gifts after your baby is born! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP