Decoy

Monday, August 2, 2010

I managed to squeak another week out of my engagement/wedding rings, but this morning, they were too tight for comfort. So I went "naked" for the day, and hated it.

During my lunch break, I took a ride to do a little shopping, and decided to take a look at some substitutes. And while they are poor excuses for the real thing, this cheap-o ring set still manages to make me feel a little bit better.


This is what $13 will buy you. HA!

And with that, I have rings again. Anyone want to venture a guess how long it'll take before they turn my finger green? :) They are a little big on me but I guess I have some room to grow into them. And should I happen to need to get these cut off for some reason, there will be no tears!

Question, though: If not for swollen pregnant women, just who are these ring sets for? Are there teenage girls walking around who want to pretend to be married? I don't get it. I was shocked at how many fake engagement/wedding ring sets could be found at places like Claire's, The Icing, and JCPenney.

Anyway, I'm hoping that I'll still be able to wear my real ones on "good" days, and I'll likely go bare-fingered much of the time, too. But for those occasions when I really miss my rings, I'm all set!

And now I'll begin counting down the days until I can wear my real ones again...

9 comments:

Cynthia August 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

Wow, I never thought of that when I was pregnant, getting a cheapo set. I wore mine on a chain around my neck.

Heather August 2, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

I'm actually afraid to wear mine around my neck. I feel like they're not as secure as they are when they're on my finger, and fear that I'd somehow lose them. :(

katy August 2, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

Oh I use to work with a girl who's "fiance" gave her one of those fake rings as a real engagement ring!
but back when I was in the first few years of college my girl friends and I use to get those and wear them out to the bars so the schmucks that hit on us would leave us alone! worked like a charm.

Krystie August 3, 2010 at 2:18 AM  

Ditto katy. I used to do the same thing.

I've seen a lot of teenage girls wear them on their middle finger which just looks/seems bizarre.

Who knows! But from the pictures point of view, you can't tell they're fake. Just don't get them wet and they wont turn your finger green.

Nicole-Lynn August 3, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

haha they look real and great :)

elizabethashleyphoto August 3, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

I bought a cheapie eternity band from JCPenney to take with me on vacations because I didn't want to take my real set and risk it getting lost or leaving it or whatever. I think with it being on sale and a coupon, it was like $4! :)

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) August 3, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

This looks real in the picture!!! Great find.

I am nervous for the naked finger!!! I hope my ring fits through the 3rd tri but maybe I am giving myself false hope, LOL!

Natalie August 3, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

haha I had NO idea you could buy cheapo sets like that...I need one of those for vacations and whatnot!

Heather August 3, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

That makes sense about wearing them to avoid getting hit on. HA! And good idea about wearing fakes on vacations!

I think the photo makes them look better than they do in real life, but with just a quick glance, I don't think anyone would think twice. :)

Heather--I hope you don't have to give up your rings, but it seems like it happens to nearly every pregnant lady at some point. I have pretty small fingers normally (my rings are a size 5, but if I'm wearing the totally "correct" size, I measure between a size 4.5 and 4.75), and although swelling isn't obvious, the rings have just become gradually tighter as time has gone on. Since I had a little wiggle room in them to begin with, I think I was able to keep them on longer than a lot of others! Good luck, because it really does suck to take them off! :(

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP