Why won't he GO.AWAY.?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I don't think I've ever expressed my disdain for Brett Favre.
Oh, WAIT. Sure I have.

Because I hated him in 2008.
And again in 2009.

And hey, what do you know?... Here we are in 2010, and I still hate his guts.

At this rate, I'm sure I'll be ready to hire a hitman in 2011. You know, to take him out at the knees or something. To end these shenanigans once and for all.

The annoyance grows with each passing year. With every mention of his name during a NON-VIKINGS football game, I seethe. With every "will he or won't he" discussion, I resist the urge to throw something at the television (or radio, or computer). Every summer, when he doesn't show up at training camp in July, pretends to be considering retirement, and then comes back to the team last minute in August... I lose more and more respect for him. And hey, Brett--after three years of this crap, I'm pretty sure the "respect" well is dry. BONE DRY.

Unfortunately, he's back. Again.

Go awaaaaaaaay. Please. Just go away.

6 comments:

Lindsay August 19, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

You said it, sister! I can't stand him either..

AND I live in MN - everyone is kissing his butt! SO annoying! It's like, they all hated him when he was a Packer, but now he's a Viking and he's some "god"?? GAG ME!

PS - you're looking beautiful, happy pregnancy! :)

B August 19, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

Amen, sister. I think it's the most annoying thing and am sick of hearing about him.

Anonymous,  August 20, 2010 at 12:29 AM  

I was waiting for this and you didn't disappoint. Thank you for the laugh! C

Maggie August 20, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

I lived in Wisconsin for the last 22 years and am now living juuuust over the Minnesota border. Over here its like a plague!! Every time he says "I'm retiring" or "I'm playing" every single flipping newspaper, television station, and magazine is all over it. Its all I hear about for weeks. Every one of my facebook friends post about it (some are lovers, some are haters)- its sick.

The Viking fans go back and forth between hatred and love. I am a huuge Packer fan and a huuuge Viking hater, and I can't stand him. He used to be a damn good quarterback, and now he dragged his own name through the mud so many times that he's a joke. Personally, I hope he breaks a hip. And (again, personal preference here) I hope it happens after a knock out sack from a Packer.

Plus, I think he's a pathetic team leader since he doesn't practice with the Vikings, he just sort of strolls in and takes over. I would be pissed to be his teammate.

Thats my rant, seems wordy but its actually an abridged version. =) I enjoyed your post though, glad to know others in the hater club.

Alicia McLaws Photography August 20, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

AMEN SISTER!!!!!! You took the words right out of my mouth!! I detest this man. AND I don't think its very fair that he be allowed to skip all of training camp, then just waltz back in during pre-season like it ain't no thang. and I HATE that everyone says "well, you get those kind of luxuries when you're so amazing!" um, NO! What makes you think the team doesn't need to practice with their starting quarterback?? I vote that he shouldn't be ALLOWED to play if he thinks he's too good to show up to training camp. he is SUCH a tool....

Heather August 24, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

You guys are hilarious. Thanks for the extra laughs! And good to know I'm not the only one who refuses to succumb to all of the Favre hype!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP