Belly at the Bills Game

Saturday, August 28, 2010

If you had told me a few months ago that I would end up at a Buffalo Bills preseason game at 37 weeks pregnant, I would've laughed at you. First, because there is no way I would've ever paid for tickets. Secondly, because I never would've expected that such an outing would be worth my time, especially when I'm about to pop out a baby.

What's that people always say, though? Expect the unexpected?

A week or so ago, I was suddenly offered the opportunity to sit in the company suite. And well, for as many Bills games as I've been to--in the sweltering heat, the freezing cold, the blinding sun and the blinding rain--I've never been in a suite.

We jumped at the chance for a new experience, and spent a lovely evening with good (free!) food, (free!) drinks (beer for Michael, soda/water for me), and a handful of my coworkers. The funny thing is that the weather was gorgeous, absolutely perfect for a football game, so we sat in the suite with the window wide open. Still, it felt good to be treated as "VIPs." :)


For shits and giggles, I stuffed myself into my jersey (it barely covered my belly, it was hilarious) for the occasion. We think it'll be funny to show the baby some day. This was one of the only times I've ever gone to a game and NOT tailgated. It was a completely different experience! Walking up to the gates without chugging one.last.beer? Interesting, as I had no idea what that felt like.

I was up early this morning for a photo shoot with an almost-2-year-old and his parents, so I couldn't make it through the entire game. We ended up leaving shortly into the 4th quarter, but the Bills looked halfway decent and ended up winning the game.

Two more weeks until the season opener!
(Crossing my fingers that we have a baby by then, ha!)

1 comments:

Michelle,  August 31, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

This summer, I marched colorguard with Drum Corps International and our last show before Semi-Finals took place at the Bill's stadium. We actually warmed up right where the photo of you and Michael was taken. I thought of you while we were there!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP