Blog Comments

Sunday, January 16, 2011

I greatly appreciate blog comments. (What blogger doesn't?)

But, you know, for a while now, something has been bothering me. (Don't worry. It has nothing to do with any of you.)

I am not a fan of Blogger's default comment system. It's annoying. I like to respond to a lot of your comments, especially when you all ask questions. And wouldn't it be wonderful if I was able to do so directly under the appropriate comment/question?

I'm wondering if there is some kind of plug-in out there that I can install into my HTML coding to make comments work better here on Heather Drive. I've heard of a few in passing (Disqus?), but that completely takes the Blogger system out of the equation, I believe. I know a lot of people like to comment through their Blogger accounts, so I'd love something that still allows people to do that, but offers me more functionality, making for a better exchange of ideas.

Anyone know of anything like this? Any good (or bad) experiences with other commenting systems on other blogs you read?

9 comments:

Amy January 17, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

I have a friend whos comments work that way but she doesnt use blogger...she IS however techy so I will ask her if she knows. :)

katy January 17, 2011 at 1:32 PM  

I was just thinking this yesterday! I would love to know also.

Dee January 17, 2011 at 10:21 PM  

I have the same thought every time someone leaves me a comment.

Becky January 18, 2011 at 11:18 AM  

I respond to comments through my email. The comments get emailed to me and then if there are questions, then I can answer them. The responses wouldn't be public then if that's what you are looking for.

nikinikinine January 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM  

I switched to Disqus and really like it so far. It eliminates spam comments and it gives you the email of the commenter so that if you want to take the conversation offline you can. Plus, I believe that when you reply inline to a comment the commenter gets an email with the response.

Kylee Wall January 18, 2011 at 6:31 PM  

I left blogger for Wordpress...which doesn't help you, but I thought I'd mention it.

Wishing on stars January 18, 2011 at 10:13 PM  

It doesn't seem like you'll be able to do that, and keep your answers a) public and b) stay on blogger.

I don't know about other readers, but when ever blogs I've followed have left blogger (which I use for my own blog) I quit following b/c it didn't show up on my blogger account.

That being said, I've been reading your blog for years now, back when it was Road to the Aisle, so I'd most definitely follow where ever you end up lol

Again, not much help, however, I've noticed Google Blogger updates pretty quick when you send in suggestions.

Anonymous,  January 21, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

I agree that's a problem, as well as the reverse - I'm leaving a comment here, but don't see an option for receiving notice of a response. Some pages have that and others don't. I wish I knew how/why so I could add it to my own blog. Not only do I want to be able to respond to comments "in-line," but for them to know I responded. :(

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP