One Year Ago

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One year ago today, I woke up, took a pregnancy test, and was surprised when the result was positive.

You see, I had taken a couple of tests in the days prior, all of which were negative. Yet my period had still not come, so I ditched the Dollar Tree tests and instead opted to take a "real" one--a First Response Early Response.

I nervously prepared the test, then stepped out into the hallway to wait the few minutes with Michael. When the time was up, I approached the bathroom sink, heart pounding in my chest. I looked and... it was positive. Very positive, in fact. There was no mistaking that second line.

We laughed and cried.

Those two little lines represented a baby inside of me that was then the size of a poppyseed.

Now, that poppyseed is beautiful baby Nora.

January 12, 2010 was one of the best days of my life.

January 12, 2011 is even better--because she's here.


4 comments:

basebell6 January 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

my first test was negative too! i learned not to use expired tests :). congrats on 1 year!!!!!

Amy January 13, 2011 at 10:57 AM  

Ha! With my last child I bought 5 dollar tree tests and they were all positive..I told my husband "Im going to buy a REAL test." I bought a EPT one at Wmart and it was positive then I went and bought a digital one. Pregnant. I could have saved like $600 on tests had I just trusted the dollar tree one!

But in your case I guess that would have been a mistake!

So happy for you! Nora is a doll!

Wishing on stars January 13, 2011 at 3:41 PM  

Awe, that is so sweet Heather.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP