Hair-larious.

Monday, January 31, 2011

I was shocked when Nora was born with hair. I was a pretty bald baby, and I guess I just assumed that my baby would be, too.

It took me about a year of babyhood to accumulate as much hair as Nora has had all along. See?


Me as a baby - Maybe six months old on the left; About 1 year old on the right

The thing with Nora's hair, though, is that she's losing some of it. It's not falling out... she's rubbing it off. When she's in her bouncy seat, on the floor, or in her crib, she is constantly turning her head (especially to the left), rubbing it against the surface behind her.

This has resulted in some funky looking hair. Normal from the front and on the right side. Bald on the left, bald on the back. But still long at the back of her neck. It's hard to describe, so... I took photos. You know, for posterity.

I feel like the bald spots are getting balder and balder every day. Poor girl.

On the bright side, I'm told that after she rubs it off once, it'll stay put when it grows back. Plus, she'll likely be sitting up fairly soon, so she'll be less likely to be rubbing the back of her head against things.

Remind me to show her these pics when she's a teen complaining of a bad hair day. :)

4 comments:

Cynthia February 1, 2011 at 8:47 AM  

I didn't have hair until I was 3! My son was born with nice hair and then it all fell out on the top and he looked like a little old man.

Anonymous,  February 1, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

Our daughter rocked the 'friar tuck' 'do the first several months of life. Now, at seven months, she's finally getting some hair on top of her head. :)

~Kristen M.

Megan February 1, 2011 at 4:10 PM  

Jane's back bald spot is finally growing in :) My niece lost everything but a comb over in the front and we may have referred to her as Baby Donald Trump. Nora is still cute as ever - but great bribery pictures for later in life none the less :)

Crystal February 4, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

Lily has a major bald ring around the back of her head. She is constantly turning her head side to side while sleeping.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP