Poor Baby.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Last weekend sucked.

I'm about a week late on this post, but last weekend sucked so badly, there was no way that this was going to make it up on the blog.

You see, by the time Friday rolled around, Nora had already been working on a cold for a few days, but it hadn't yet escalated to anything really bothersome. However, she woke up around 3:00 a.m. on Saturday morning, and no matter how many times we tried, she just wouldn't settle back down. Soon, I realized that it was because she couldn't breathe out of her nose. Nice, right?

I ended up picking her up, taking her out to the couch, and letting her sleep the rest of the night somewhat elevated on my chest. I know what you're thinking. You should know that we generally try to stick to her routine as much as possible when she's sick, but this time, she was sooo sick that all rules went flying out the window.

To make matters even more fun, I woke up on Saturday morning (on the couch, with a baby on my chest, thankyouverymuch) not feeling so hot myself. I had congestion and dizziness. And then Michael woke up with body aches and chills, which quickly escalated into a 103-degree fever. WE WERE A LOVELY BUNCH, I ASSURE YOU.

We spent the entire weekend parked on the couch or in our bed. I let Nora take almost all of her naps on my chest, and we even let her sleep with us on Saturday night. Between the time I got home from work on Friday to the time I left for work on Monday morning (which was actually close to noon), I never left the house.

We had to call reinforcements on Saturday, just to get us some medicine and food. Thankfully, my mom made the trip for us and dropped it off at our door. (Moms are wonderful, aren't they?)


For as miserably sick as she was, Nora was in remarkably good spirits. She still smiled all.the.time, even as she snorted like a pig in an attempt to breathe through her nose, with snot constantly running down her face. (I know, I paint a pretty picture.)

By the time I put Nora to bed on Sunday night, I looked down to realize that my sweatshirt was smeared with dried snot. Of course there was a part of me that thought it was gross, and I laughed to myself, but you know what? I didn't bother changing it until I went to bed. I joked that you know you're a mom when your baby uses your sweatshirt as a tissue all weekend, yet you still continue to wear it. Poop, pee, boogers, snot... it all kind of loses a bit of its nasty factor when it's from your child, you know?

Nora's good sleep schedule was shot to hell, of course, but she did pretty well considering. It wasn't until this past Thursday night that things really started to get back to normal and we were no longer needing to aspirate her poor little nose in the middle of the night.

It stinks to have a sick baby, it's worse having a sick baby when you're sick yourself, but we now know the WORST is having a sick baby, being sick yourself, AND having a sick spouse. Brutal.

Thankfully, we were all in much better shape this weekend, so we were actually able to enjoy it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP