Soooo Big

Sunday, April 17, 2011

We had such a great weekend. It was filled with lots to do, lots of laughs, and lots of time with Nora. It's just too bad it's almost over. :(

The theme of the weekend was undoubtedly, "When did our baby get so big?" I know she's still small in the grand scheme of life, but my gosh, I have no idea what happened to my little newborn.

It started on Saturday morning with her waterbabies class. Now that we're in week three, she's like an old pro in the water. She was moving her arms, splashing a bit, going for the toys... and new this week, we put her face in the water. But to Nora, that was N.B.D. ("No big deal," if you're one of the cool kids.)

That afternoon, we went grocery shopping and Nora sat in the cart--like a big girl--for the very first time. She tried to steal my grocery list from my hand about 4,982 times, but it was adorable. She loved "helping" with the items in the cart. She was particularly in love with a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.


Today, we took her to Buy Buy Baby to check out convertible car seats. She looked like such a big girl sitting in them (even though the big seats actually made her look pretty small!). Oddly enough, I don't think we're going with the Britax Roundabout, nor the Evenflo Triumph. We actually liked the Britax Marathon 70 the best because of the convenience features and the extra padding/side impact protection.

Another little milestone? Nora will eat pieces of puffs now. I am still paranoid so I break them into quarters (the ones we have are shaped in circles like cheerios), but she eats them. At first, she made hilarious faces (I'm guessing because the texture was different than she's used to?), but she doesn't seem to be bothered by them anymore.

The biggest thing is that we are now comfortable enough in her sitting ability to let her play on the floor all by herself. Tonight, we made dinner while she sat and played happily on the living room floor. TOTALLY SOLO. So again, I must say, WHERE DID MY LITTLE BABY GO? She is well on her way to toddlerhood, people. :(

To top it all off, she sat up in her bathtub tonight. Like big girls do. *sigh*

Although she is growing like a weed and subsequently breaking this mama's heart, she is also bringing us more and more happiness as time goes on. She is just SO.MUCH.FUN. So, as I sit here reflecting on the weekend and thinking about how much she changed in just a few days, I can't help but recognize just what an amazing weekend it was.

I can't wait for the next one.

5 comments:

Lindsay April 17, 2011 at 11:56 PM  

So is just so stinkin cute! It does go WAY to fast but they do get even more fun as they get older and mine is only/already 2 months old...

Anonymous,  April 18, 2011 at 11:50 AM  

We finally installed Aubrey's convertible seats (ended up going with 2 Roundabouts) yesterday. I may or may not have shed a few tears when I passed her infant carrier in the hall this morning...

~Kristen M.

Crystal April 18, 2011 at 4:36 PM  

I just tried Lily with the puffs yesterday. She got choked on the 2nd one I gave her so daddy said NO MORE!! :( I'll try breaking them up and maybe she'll do better. She also made the "I don't know about this" face after the 1st one.

Anonymous,  April 23, 2011 at 11:51 AM  

www.babycatalog.com is having Britax clearance sale, plus free shipping and no sales tax in most states until Monday

Kate April 25, 2011 at 5:06 PM  

That pic of baby and daddy is priceless :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP