We might be crazy.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

As our Western roadtrip vacation approaches, I have become a bit overwhelmed by it. It's our first week-long vacation with a baby. It's our first time taking a baby on such long flights. AND, this just so happens to be the most complicated, tiring itinerary we have ever planned for ourselves. (Did I mention WITH A BABY?)

We might be crazy.

I have high hopes that Nora will come through and be the flexible, easy-going, perfect kid that she is, but I have fears that all hell will break loose AND OH MY GOSH THERE IS A THREE HOUR TIME DIFFERENCE WHAT WERE WE THINKING GAH. Going to bed at 4 p.m. and getting up at 4 a.m. should be F-U-N.

I just keep telling myself that people have done crazier things. I know there are couples out there who take their kids anywhere and everywhere. Around the world, even. So if they can do that, we can handle a simple 3-hour timezone change, right? RIIIIGHT?

Survival tips are much appreciated. Please and thank you.

4 comments:

PhaseThreeOfLife April 28, 2011 at 3:38 PM  

I live in AZ and we flew to Ohio in March. Ryan was about 6 months old. Layovers, both ways (including a FOUR HOUR layover on the way back). The time change really wasn't a huge deal for us, but maybe we're just used to it (all our family lives in Ohio and PA). I'm sure you'll do great! And if anything super crazy or stressful happens, just tell yourself it's good blog fodder. ;)

christina55 April 28, 2011 at 5:26 PM  

We just got home from a 10-day trip to CA (we live in Boston) with our two daughters (4 & 6 months). They were great! I was super nervous, but the baby was perfect. I'm a bit of a control freak, but the best advice I got was to just breathe and let go. I did my best : )
Good luck, and I'm sure you'll all be fine!

Amy April 29, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

I wish you were coming closer to CO! I am sure you will have a blast!

kylee May 1, 2011 at 1:42 PM  

As difficult as it may or may not be, at least you'll be able to raise her knowing she's well-traveled, and she'll be able to grow up with a sense of adventure.

-Signed, someone who didn't leave the midwest OR fly on a plane until their honeymoon. (Catching up for lost time, I've been to 15 states and DC in the past 12 months.)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP