Catching Up

Monday, May 9, 2011

The first two days of our vacation, I was on track to keep up with the blog posts. I was actually planning on posting them in real time! I was so proud of myself for getting both Saturday and Sunday's blog posts up by Monday morning.

And then, just as I was getting ready to publish a blog post, our MacBook alerted me that its battery was dying. I asked Michael to grab the power adapter for me so we could plug it in. No big deal. Except when I plugged it in, the light didn't go on, indicating it was charging.

We tried again. We tried plugging it into different outlets. After several minutes of troubleshooting, we discovered that the adapter was indeed DEAD.

On vacation. Out in the middle of nowhere.

Michael called Apple and after troubleshooting a few things over the phone, they agreed that it was dead, too. They said they would replace it under warranty. Because we always use our laptop to back up our photos while we're on vacation, it was important for us to get the new adapter ASAP. So, we had Apple ship us the new adapter to our lodge in the Grand Canyon. Hilariousness.

As it turned out, we ended up at a few hotels that didn't offer internet (or wanted you to pay an arm and a leg for it), so I would've had trouble keeping up with my posts throughout the week anyway.

As a result, here I am, back from vacation, and trying to catch up. I'll be continuing to back-post our vacation recaps, so make sure to check for updates by scrolling down the page. (Assuming you read on the blog. If you read through a reader, well, the new posts should show up automatically.)

Lots and lots of pics to share, so stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP