Mommy

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Words cannot express how thankful I am to be called Mommy. Nora is the greatest gift I have ever received and every night, I say a little prayer to recognize that. I know what I have.

What a wonderful feeling it is to celebrate Mother's Day with my little girl. Still, it is a bit strange because I feel like I have already been given everything--I have her. So, today, that is what I celebrated. I celebrated the gift of motherhood, giving thanks for that privilege and also to the mother who raised me. I learned what it is to be a mother from being mothered by her.

{When I became Mommy}


{When my mom became Mommy}

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there. I hope you had fabulous days with the little ones (or big ones, if they're grown!) who gave you that title.

Also, for those of you who are still trying to become moms... I remember what that ache feels like. I do not forget. And for you, I hope that this Mother's Day is your last one with "empty arms."

2 comments:

Amanda May 10, 2011 at 3:06 PM  

You look so much like your Mom!! Happy belated Mother's Day! It was my 1st as a Mom too :)

Vanessa May 17, 2011 at 8:34 AM  

I LOVE this post! The emotion on your face is so moving! I can't wait for the day I hopefully become Mommy (or Mummy, in England!) one day!

I love reading about your love and gratitude for Nora!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP