Brothers' Birthday

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Last night, we went to my mom's house to celebrate my brothers' birthday. They're twins--24 years old! My mom even made two meatloaves, in the shape of a 2 and a 4. Arranged as "24" on the baking sheet. She's such a nerd, but it's so cute.

I'm so pissed I didn't think to get a picture of the meatloaf. ;)

As always, my brothers had two different cakes. My mom has always done two cakes for them every year since their 1st birthdays. Even when they weren't old enough to choose what they wanted, my mom still did two so they each had their own. These days, the boys have different tastes--Tyler wanted a Carvel ice cream cake, Trevor wanted a devil's food chocolate cake. So we had both.



Holy smoke cloud! 48 candles! :)

Tessa says, "Where's the cake?"

Happy Birthday, boys.

4 comments:

Abbie October 8, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

I have twin brothers who will turn 20 this year. I've always given them completely different things for gifts because they have such different personalities. It's amazing how some people assume twins will be just alike. Most of the ones I've been around aren't!

Lesley Rae October 8, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

I cannot believe how big they got. I know they are only a couple of years younger than us...but I distincly remember them running around your mom's neighborhood as little kids....man...how time flies.

Annnnd - best picture of Tessa ever! She looks so aerodynamic with her little pointy face! :)

jenn October 8, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

I don't know what a carvel cake is but I would love to try some.

and, i want your dog.

(hope that wasn't too creepy. I just love dachshunds.)

Heather October 8, 2008 at 4:27 PM  

Jenn, you do not know of Carvel ice cream cakes? Oh lord! Get thee to a grocery store, in the frozen food section! I'm surprised if you do not have them.

Truthfully, I prefer homemade ice cream cakes any day (I have a recipe for an absolutely fabulous Oreo ice cream cake), but my brothers are simple men. Box cake mix with canned icing, and a premade ice cream cake.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP