Ryanne

Monday, October 27, 2008

Remember that baby boom that I talked about several months back? It has officially ended. Well, for now. I suppose we can say that "Baby Boom #1" has ended. I'm sure there'll be others.

My best friend from college, Bethany, gave birth to a baby girl early Friday morning (2:08 a.m.!). We were in the process of traveling down to Charlotte. When we landed in Baltimore, I turned my cell phone back on and got the text message telling me the news. So exciting! She's the first from our group of college girls to have a baby. I can't believe she's a mommy.

She lives about 2.5-3 hours away, so unfortunately, I won't have the opportunity to go see her and the baby for a couple of weeks.

I finally caught up with Bethany on Sunday morning. I said, "So, tell me about it all. How was it?" And what does she say?--"That was the easiest thing in the world." I think I nearly fell out of my chair. Definitely not something you normally hear from a brand new mother.

She started having cramps/contractions after her doctor's appointment on Thursday morning, did some errands, relaxed with a friend at home, and then around dinnertime, she noticed her water had started leaking. She and her husband took their merry time--packed (she hadn't even packed!), showered, etc.

Checked in the hospital around 7:30-8:00 p.m. She said she got her epidural around 11:30 p.m.-midnight, I believe, started pushing around 1:40 a.m., and out came baby Ryanne at 2:08 a.m. on Friday, October 24. Not only that, but Bethany and Ryanne were both discharged from the hospital at 1:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

That's right, folks. I officially hate her. I'm not sure whether we can be friends anymore. ;)

Little Ryanne weighed in at 8 lbs., 1 oz., and 21 inches long. She's a cutie. Can't wait to meet her!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  October 28, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

She's Adorable!
I hope I can go through labor that easily when my husband and I are ready to have babies.

Heather October 28, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

So cute!

I hope when I have kids that the delivery goes as smoothly as that! My sister was the first of us 3 girls to have a baby. Almost the same story! 20 min of pushing. They told her that sisters usually have the same types of delivery. I sure hope so!

My circle of friends are having our own little baby boom. 3 already born. The last one (so far) should be here in about 5 more months!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP