You win some. You lose A LOT.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Today, we went to the Buffalo Bills game. I usually have the opportunity to get free tickets to one game a year, and this was it. We were cautiously excited about the game, since the Bills have been absolute crap so far this season. But we were playing the Cleveland Browns, so we figured there was at least reason to hope.

We met up with our friends Rich and Katie to tailgate.

IMG_4208rs by you.
In addition to good friends, we had a cooler full of beer, homemade sub sandwiches, and cookies... what more could we ask for?
IMG_4209rs by you.
We were pretty pleased with the weather, although it could've been a little bit warmer. It wasn't bad when the wind wasn't blowing, but when it was? FREEZING. I had underestimated the cold and didn't dress completely appropriately. Oh well.
IMG_4210rs by you.
It's funny how you can see the reflection of the boys in our sunglasses. :)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2636/4002139359_564f684bec.jpg
Old friends. So old that he takes it in stride when I scream at him on the phone while getting lost trying to find the street they were on for tailgating. :) (So, I don't do well when lost. Nobody's perfect!) We don't get to see each other much since we live two hours apart, but Rich and I have been good friends since junior year of college.

After a couple of hours out there, it was time to head into the stadium for the game.

IMG_4212rs by you.
And, well, there isn't much to say about it other than IT WAS A FREAKING DISASTER.
IMG_4217rs by you.
This photo was taken right before we left. We weren't even halfway through the third quarter. It was just so pathetic, it wasn't even worth staying for the rest of the game.

Growing up in this area, I have "known" the Buffalo Bills most of my life, and I do remember the good ol' days of the Super Bowl years. But I've only really been a true fan for about eight years, so I've never actually had the privilege of knowing what it feels like to root for a team that can play. I think this has helped me practice patience. And um, cursing. But whatever.

Anyway, the point is that I know bad when I see it. My Bills? They've been bad for years. But today? Today, they hit a new low. They are so bad that I am just about at my breaking point. They need CHANGE. They need to do something.

They need to fire their head coach. Tomorrow.

Honestly, they need to get rid of a bunch of other people (GM, coaches, players) as well, but for now, I'll settle for the head coach. YOU HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE. There are rumors that this might actually happen, but I have never known the Bills to have the guts to do something like that. But if they do, they'll likely promote from within, which couldn't possibly result in anything good happening this season. You know what, though? I DON'T EVEN CARE. I just want Jauron gone.

But if the Bills really, truly loved me, they would hire this guy:
http://www.celebridiot.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/jon_gruden.jpg
And, well, he just so happens to be unemployed at the moment. It's like it's destiny. There is nothing that would make me happier than to see Jon Gruden's snarling, angry, scary faces on the sidelines. Because frankly? The Bills need a kick in the ass. (For the record, I would also take Cowher. Would LOVE to take Cowher. Or, you know, pretty much anyone with a backbone.)

No more Mr. Nice Guy. PLEASE.

4 comments:

jenn October 11, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

Wait, I tried looking up the score. Was it really 6-3?!

I know how you feel.. Packers last week were pitiful. And I'm tired of hearing about how we didn't want Favre back. Um, yeah, and we still don't want him. Or his drama. Duh.

Beckie October 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

I feel your pain. Growing up in Rochester, I have always been a Bills fan, as well as most of my family. I was in Miami last weekend for that horrible loss and then to watch yesterday's game, that was unbearable. You're right, they do need to get rid of some people.

Allison P.,  October 12, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

Wow. I'm so glad I didn't watch that game. Even though the Browns won (I'm from Cleveland) I didn't even realize it until reading this. That's how much effort I put into keeping track of their games, despite being a huge Ohio sports fan. I feel your pain.

Kate October 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

I'm a Browns fan, and even I'll admit, that game was just painful. Sorry you're having about as much luck as us as of late...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP