Ryanne is 1!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

It seems like just yesterday that my best friend had her baby girl. When she was about three weeks old, I drove the two hours to meet her.

Today, I drove the two hours to celebrate Ryanne's first birthday.

Michael and I arrived at the house about an hour before the party was scheduled to start. Bethany had asked me if I'd be willing to take a few photos of Ryanne, so we quickly got the birthday girl dressed in her special outfit and headed outdoors for a short photo session. Many of you have asked me to share photos from my sessions, and I'm happy to say that this time, I can! Since she's my best friend and all... :)

Although I spend a lot of time behind the lens, we had to get one with me in front of it as well...


Love, love, love this woman and her baby girl. And love this photo. But it makes me sad since we don't get to see each other often enough!

Since Ryanne isn't quite walking yet, I had to pose her in places where she could sit, or stand assisted. Although that somewhat limited what I could do, it also meant that she wasn't able to run away from me! :)
She has the most beautiful blue eyes, doesn't she?

Honestly, now...how cute is this outfit that Bethany put together? You should see this baby's closet. She has more clothes than I'd know what to do with!

Before long, it started to sprinkle a bit and we had to head inside to get a few things ready for the party. Little Ryanne was loved on by all of her family and friends, and we did all of the traditional first birthday stuff...
She smashed cake. (Though I have to say, she was very dainty about it. She didn't make a big mess at all!)

And she opened presents. Surprisingly, she was very into unwrapping the gifts. And the cards. She loves paper! (A girl after my own heart.)

It was a great day, and I loved having the opportunity to see Bethany and Ryanne.

Now, Michael and I are actually off to a 30th birthday party! I guess it's just a good day to celebrate LIFE!

4 comments:

MB October 26, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

She is so precious! I just love her Birthday Girl outfit! And you're right - her eyes are stunning. Great pictures, Heather!

Becky October 26, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

Those boots are just too cute! Great photos!

Mrs. D October 26, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

Those photos are fabulous!

Vanessa October 26, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

Heather, those photos are beyond professional - wow is all I can say. Seriously, congrats - all the hard work has paid off because you photograph like a pro!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP