No Time

Friday, October 9, 2009

I apologize for the complete lack of posting this week. I haven't had time to do much of anything.

At work, I was co-chair of a HUGE event, something that we've been planning since January. The last few weeks, I've been tied up with all of the little last-minute details, projects, phone calls, e-mails, meetings. Wednesday and last night, I didn't even get home until almost 10 p.m. It was all-consuming and exhausting. I ran on adrenaline all week, as I didn't get much sleep because I kept thinking of everything I had to do. Gotta love how that happens.

But you know what? It's over.

The event was yesterday (big success!), and I think I can officially reclaim my life as my own. There are still a few wrap-up things to take care of, but the vast majority of tasks is done. No more pulling my hair out. No more taking my work home with me. No more answering e-mails at 11 p.m.

Last night, after the last guests had gone home, my co-chair and I stayed behind and had a few glasses of wine. I so needed that. When I finally walked through my door, I pretty much went straight to bed. I didn't even watch Grey's Anatomy, which says a lot (but I did catch up on it during my lunch break today, ha!).

Today, I feel like I've been hit by a truck, but at least it's Friday. I have the weekend to hopefully (FINALLY) catch up on my sleep.

And I'll hopefully (FINALLY) get back to blogging.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP