Two Weeks

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Nora is already two weeks old!

It's funny for us to think about how, a little more than two weeks ago, we didn't have her yet. It's true that once they're here, you have a hard time remembering what life was like before.

Our first week with Michael back at work went well. It was hard having him leave the first day or two, but now we're developing a bit of a routine. I'll admit to feeling a little bit lonely sometimes, but generally, the days go by so fast. I don't really know how, since at the end of the day, I never feel like I've accomplished much, but somehow, living from feeding to feeding and trying to squeeze in a shower, a load of laundry, or a little computer time in between makes the day fly by.

After we spent Monday and Tuesday at home all day long, I couldn't take it anymore so we've been trying to get out of the house on a fairly regular basis, too. I've been taking the baby on a few errands every couple of days so I don't go stir crazy. And while the errands make me feel more productive, they make the days go by even FASTER.

It's really hard to find the time to blog. I also have newborn photos I want and need to edit, but I haven't even transferred them off of my camera yet. :( I'm going to try to set aside an hour or so every day this week to make a bit of progress on that front. I want to get birth announcements out!

A little update on Nora...

Nora has been a champion eater AND sleeper. I'm afraid to say these things out loud, but (knock on wood) she's been a really good baby.

We took her to the pediatrician for her two-week check-up on Friday, and she is up to 6 lbs., 13 oz. She gained exactly nine ounces in nine days, which the doctor says couldn't be more perfect. She's between the 10th and 20th percentiles for everything, so she's a peanut all around. :)

She still sleeps a lot, but has been having longer periods of awake time the last several days. I love when she is awake and content (fed, clean, dry, warm). She just stares, and will listen to songs, stories, or study our faces. It's so cute. Other than that, she doesn't really *do* much, so our lives aren't very "exciting." But even so, life couldn't be better. I love every minute with my girl.

Some photos from the last week or so...


First walk! (We've been on several others since then, too. I think she loves the fresh air.)

"Mommy, PLEASE! No more pictures!"

Funny sleep position

Soothing herself with her index finger. Sweet angel.



I've cut her nails like four times in the last two weeks. They grow SO FAST. She manages to scratch herself sometimes, but I feel bad having those little mittens on her all the time, too.

Her loooooong fingers

And looooooong toes

Wide awake one morning this past week. I love these little nightgowns, they make middle of the night diaper changes very easy.

Another walk. I love the Pooh hat.

Reading a bedtime story with Daddy

The onesie says "If you think I'm pretty, you should see my mommy." Love how she makes *this* face when I try to take a photo of it. HA! :)

Yesterday, we took Nora on her first trip to the apple orchard. She rode the wagon...

...and helped Mommy select the perfect apples from the trees.

All while staying cozy in the Moby wrap.

Appropriate onesie, right? :)

9 comments:

carrie f.,  September 26, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

My daughter sucks her middle and ring finger on her left hand. We get comments on how cute it is everywhere we go.

Unknown September 26, 2010 at 6:00 PM  

We have the same "If you think I'm cute..." onesie and Moby (in tan)! :) I love how wide awake she is in some of the pictures. Glad you're getting out. I've heard that's a wonderful thing to do right from the beginning. Good for you!!!

Unknown September 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

Can I just say you don't even look like you had a baby - you look amazing!!!

Cynthia September 27, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

Eric used to scratch his face a lot. We had to keep socks on his little hands all the time, we called them his "oven mitts" :)

elizabethashleyphoto September 27, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

So precious! Thanks for sharing so many photos!

The Moby wrap looks adorable on you!

Anna September 27, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

She's adorable, Heather!

Being 26 weeks pregnant myself, I'm interested in how your recovery has been. I was wondering if you would be comfortable sharing with us how that has gone, mentally, physically and emotionally?

Also, I'm curious as to how the cloth diapering is working out for you!

-Anna

Anonymous,  September 27, 2010 at 11:48 PM  

Is your stroller a combo that comes with your car seat? If not what brand is it?

Megan

Vanessa October 2, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

She is so beautiful, and you look incredible! I am loving hearing about life with Nora!

Esme October 3, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

Heather congrats on your new daughter.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP