Nursery Reveal

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I feel like there has been a significant amount of "build-up" regarding our nursery, since we've received questions about when we'd post pictures, and when we'd do the BIG REVEAL. I just hope that, now that it's here, you all aren't disappointed! Because while we love the way it turned out, I don't think it's anything out of a magazine like so many beautiful nurseries I've seen. Plus, our walls our still pretty bare--we need to add artwork, which will most likely be photos and such--but if I waited until that was all done, you guys would be waiting FOREVER for pics.

As you'll recall, we really wanted to do a gender-neutral nursery, but didn't want to go for the traditional green or yellow. For more insight into our inspiration, see my original nursery post.

So, without further ado... here are some pics of Miss Nora's nursery. Keep in mind that this was completely gender neutral until Nora arrived, at which point we added some hot pink accents. :)


View from the hallway
Wall color is Behr's "Surfer"

From the doorway.
Dresser is from JCPenney's Hartford collection.
We put a simple contoured changing pad on top to use it as a changing table, too.
The diaper pail is a simple step trash can from Target with a pail liner (since we're doing cloth diapers.)
White wall shelves are from Christmas Tree Shop.

Glider is from Babies R Us. It is the Shermag Chocolate Glider Combo.

My mom and I made this "book sling" using the instructions on this blog. It was a very easy project, and I love that it's a space-saving design. It also allows us to have access to several books from the chair, instead of having to get up to go to one of the book shelves.

Crib is also from JCPenney's Hartford Collection. (It comes in both a straight-back and curved-back style. This is obviously the straight-back.)

Bedding was DIY, made by my mom and me.
(OK, so if I'm being honest, it was pretty much 100% made by my mom. She rocks.)
We picked out the fabric and used a pattern we bought at Joann Fabrics to make the bumper and the crib skirt.
The sheet is just a plain yellow sheet from Babies R Us. Since we ended up with a girl, we also bought a hot pink crib sheet to switch things up every once in a while. :)

For her name on the wall, we purchased the wooden (white) letters at Michaels. Then I bought hot pink scrapbook paper that has a little bit of a textured design to it. I used Mod Podge to glue the paper to the letters, then used an Exacto knife to cut around the letters to make the paper fit exactly. Then I went over the top of the paper with another layer of Mod Podge to give the letters a more finished look.

Cube shelf from Target. White lamp/pink shade from Target.
Lava lamp left over from our former den. :)

Closet organization was one of the biggest challenges. The closet is really small, and we wanted to make sure to make the most of it.
We had trouble fitting the cube shelves into the closet, but we finally had success using two 3-cube shelves and stacking them on top of each other. Those are from Kmart. Fabric drawers are from Target.
The bins on the shelves up top are from Bed Bath and Beyond.

And no nursery post would be complete without a pic of the little one who inspired it all. :)

11 comments:

Unknown September 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM  

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!!! Have you already started cloth diapering? If so, what are you using? We are going to c/d, but not until she's out of newborns.

Heather September 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

Thanks, Katie. For CD info, check out my post on our starter stash.

I also have a CD post planned for later this week. :)

Anonymous,  September 28, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

Such a bright and cheerful room. And I am utterly inspired by that closet. So well-organized! Thanks for sharing.

Clint & Alicia McLaws September 29, 2010 at 3:02 AM  

LOVE the final result!!! I adore the wall color... SO gorgeous with the hot pink accents. And the bedding?? Don't even get me started, I'm in love with the patterns. Your little girl is gorgeous! :)

Vanessa September 29, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

Love the nursery! I like your idea about storing the books. Cute and functional.

Anonymous,  September 29, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

It looks fabulous!! And the little inhabitant is adorable.

Unknown September 29, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

That looks awesome!!! She must love her digs! And that hanging book shelf? Genius! She's adorable :)

Melanie,  September 29, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

Looks great! I absolutely love the colors. So bright!

Have you thought about doing a post about your baby gear? I'm 15 weeks pregnant and thinking about my registry. I would love to hear your thoughts about your stroller, carseat, bouncy seat, swing, breast pump, boppy.... anything!

Nicole September 29, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

How funny-we have the same baby monitor, white shelves and glider (except we got olive green instead of brown!). Love the wall color!

Anonymous,  September 29, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

Her room turned out amazing! I really love the wall color. I have a similar color in my spare room. Nora is very cute!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP