Baptism Plans

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We're planning a big day around here!

A day on which our daughter will wear a gorgeous white dress and enter a church...

Okay, let's get real. IT'S A BAPTISM. (I'm assuming you already knew that. Duh.)

Nora's "big day" is scheduled for November 14 and we're really looking forward to it. A few weeks back, Nora and I went shopping for her gown, and although we haven't put it on her, the thought of her in it is so stinkin' cute.

I also put together an invitation design, had them printed, and sent them off a week or so ago. Wanna see?


Can I tell you how challenging it is to get a baby to grip onto something and keep their arm out, even while they're sleeping? I ended up taking literally 100 photos of her hand and the rosary just to get ONE to use. Sheesh! I'm super happy with how it turned out, though. The rosary was my great-grandmother's (the same grandmother for whom we chose Nora's middle name).

I didn't think I would be this excited to have my child Baptized, but there really is something very special about it. Plus, it's the first time Nora will ever be truly celebrated with an event--the ceremony, the party... it's all for her! :)

I'm sure we'll soon be sharing pics of her special day!

6 comments:

Unknown November 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

This is beautiful! With three weeks til due date, we're planning on our daughter's Baptism for January. I can't wait because she'll get to wear the same gown as her daddy! The invitation looks perfect and I can't wait to see and read about her BIG DAY!

jlynn November 4, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

LOVE the invitation! Looking forward to pics of your cutie in her white dress :)

basebell6 November 4, 2010 at 10:30 AM  

that is THE CUTEST photo!! definitely worth the 100 tries :)

you should put on the invite "this is a legit photo" b/c i thought it was just one you found. makes it sooo much more special knowing the story!!

Hannah November 4, 2010 at 7:11 PM  

My dad is a pastor and I can't even count the number of people who have called to "get their baby done." Geesh. I'm glad that you and Michael will truly appreciate this day that you have to share with your wonderful Nora.

And of course I expected nothing short of beautiful for her invites since your wedding invites were so completely gorg. Looking forward to the upcoming pictures!! =)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP