Thankful.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

We have so much to be thankful for this year. Even if I tried to express all of those things, I don't think I could. So I'll just list a bunch that come immediately to mind.

I am thankful for Michael and how he continues to love me, even on my grumpy days. I'm grateful for his support as a husband, his encouragement for me as a mother, and how proud he is of me for carrying, giving birth to, and exclusively breastfeeding our baby. I am thankful that he has welcomed fatherhood with open arms, and for how much he loves and adores our little girl.

I am thankful for my beautiful, healthy, happy daughter. I know I am wayyyy biased, but I think she is gorgeous and the cutest thing I have ever seen. I am so grateful for her daily smiles that make my heart do flips, and for the way she nuzzles into my neck when she is ready for sleep. I am thankful for the way she has grown and how she continues to thrive. And I am so excited to have a girl--I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to have a mother-daughter relationship with Nora.


I am thankful for a wonderful, healthy, full-term pregnancy that I was able to enjoy to the fullest. I will always remember the blessing that it was to carry a child inside of me.

I am thankful for a 5-hour, natural, pain-med free, uncomplicated birth experience. The pain was over in a flash, I had a beautiful baby girl placed in my arms, and it makes one hell of a story. :)

Although the pecking order has definitely changed and priorities have shifted, I am thankful for my Tessa girl. I am so glad that she has fully adjusted to having Nora in the house. She may not get as much attention as she used to, but she is still loved and is an important part of our family.

Lord knows I am not looking forward to leaving my baby and returning to work, but I am thankful to have a job to return to. In an economy when so many are still unemployed or underemployed, I am glad to have what I have. I am grateful to have a flexible, supportive employer who gave me the full 12 weeks off that I requested, with no questions asked. When Nora was born, I had only been with the company for six months, so they were not required to do me any favors. But they did, and I am thankful. The time I have had off with my new daughter has been invaluable and I will cherish it forever.

I am thankful for our home, even though it is small and we are quickly outgrowing it. It is warm, it is cozy, and it is ours.

I am thankful for our family and friends, and the continued health of all. Our parents, siblings, nephews, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. Everyone.

There is so much more I could say. We are so totally blessed, and we recognize it. I hope all of you are able to count your blessings today, too.

Happy Thanksgiving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP