Teeny Halloweenie

Monday, November 1, 2010

WARNING: This post is photo-heavy. I can't help it; we took more than 200 photos yesterday.

We don't get any trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood, so we went over to my mom's to celebrate the holiday and get Nora and Hunter together in their costumes.

Hunter was showing a lot of interest in his baby cousin this time around, and he kept sitting on the floor and looking at us like, "Aren't you going to let me hold her?" So we... let him "hold" her.


And suddenly he wasn't too sure about it anymore.

He really does love to look at her, though. It's so cute.

We also carved pumpkins...

After dinner, we put the kids in their costumes...

And then we had to hang out in the garage for a while because my mom's carbon monoxide detector went off and my brother discovered a gas leak in the furnace in the basement. (He happens to be a certified HVAC technician, so he was able to fix it.)

A bottle in the garage? Nora didn't seem to mind.

Once things were safe in the house again, we went back in and posed the kids together for a few pics in their costumes. This is how I imagine it went between the two of them:

"CAAAANDY!!"

"Oh. Hey Nora. Can you believe these costumes they've put us in?"

"Mmmmm. Snickers."

"Want one?"

"Maybe I can put it on top of your head."

"Guys, she doesn't seem interested."
"Let's see what else I can find."

"What are you in the mood for? Caramel? Peanut butter? Coconut? Give me something to work with here."

"How about a Snickers AND a Kit Kat?"

"Alright, I was going to keep this one for myself, but... how about a Reeses?"

"Wait. Where did Grandma go with the big bowl? Why is she giving candy to those kids at the door?"

After that, we went out for a little trick-or-treating (only to three or four houses). It was totally SNOWING.

Soon, it was time to head home so we could get Nora ready for bed.

She was in quite a good mood, though. Must've been all that candy.

All in all, it was a pretty good Baby's First Halloween. :)

7 comments:

Hannah November 1, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

Awwww lil munchkin!! I appreciated the "photo-heavy-ness" of this post, btw =)

Anonymous,  November 1, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

Nora and Hunter look super cute in their costumes!!

Anonymous,  November 2, 2010 at 1:57 AM  

nora has the best smile!

Anonymous,  November 2, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

Too cute! My daughter (4 months old yesterday!) also sports the 'smile whilst sticking tongue out' look. Love it. :)

~Kristen M.

Wishing on stars November 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

love it. My favs are Nora's last picture with that cute smile and Hunter walking down the street. He looks to cute!

Dream it - Believe it - Live it November 2, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

I love the "conversation" between the two cousins according to their pictures! LoL soo cute!

Melissa November 2, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

To cute! I love your commentary! Nora is such a happy baby, I love seeing pictures of her! And Hunter is adorable!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP