Rookie Mistake

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hey, I gotta give myself a break. I'm new at this mommy thing. I'm bound to make a few mistakes along the way. My current "whoops"?

Nora is without Christmas pajamas.

Today, I had something to return at Carter's, so I figured that while I was there, I would finally check out the Christmas racks and pick up Nora a pair of cute Christmas jammies. I made the return, got the store credit, and went to check out the racks... only to find one rack. One very small rack. There was only one pair of cute Christmas pajamas left, and well, they were size 9 months.

I couldn't believe that this was all that they had, so I wandered around the store for a few minutes, thinking I'd surely stumble upon the rest. After I had searched high and low for the red and green, I happened upon a store employee, so I asked, "Is that all of the Christmas stuff you have left? That little rack up front?" She said yes, that's it. I responded, "What the heck? It's not even Thanksgiving!" She told me that they usually sell most of their Christmas inventory in October. October.

I left Carter's, feeling kind of defeated, but determined to find my girl some Christmas jammies.

So I hit up Kohl's. Pathetic.
I hit up Walmart. Nothing. Not even anything that resembled Christmas pajamas in baby sizes.
I hit up Target. None of them were cute.
I checked Old Navy. They didn't have any in her size.

:::sigh:::

This is what I get for respecting the turkey.

13 comments:

nikinikinine November 23, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Heather, I got the twins their Christmas jammies last week (maybe a two weeks ago) at Babies R Us. They had a lot of cute stuff there, try that. And don't beat yourself up over it! Worse comes to worst, put her in a red footed onesie! She'll never know ;)

Anonymous,  November 23, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

I was just at Babies R Us with my girlfriend and there was a LARGE selection...she picked up a set of matching jammies for her girls...the bonus, they were on sale too!!!

Clint & Alicia McLaws November 23, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Yep...Babies R Us has tons of stuff. The Wal Mart I work at still has a large selection too.....BUT that does you no good lol

Jill November 23, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

If you have another Kohl's near you, definitely check there - the Kohl's by me is huge. I was there on Saturday and there were 3 racks of just Christmas outfits for newborns to toddlers.

How about Macy's or JCPenny's?

Good luck!!

Music November 23, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

Are you a member of Costco? They have some cute ones!

Also, if it makes you feel any better, I've been looking for a "My First Thanksgiving" shirt (or bib or onesie or anything!) for the last couple of weeks and haven't found one. It's very sad!

Cynthia November 24, 2010 at 7:03 AM  

Wow, October! That's sad. I have to take one holiday at a time. Once Thanksgiving is over I'm all about X-mas.
Don't feel bad. Eric has never had X-mas pajamas, I've never even thought of it. Bigger whoops on my part.

Megan November 24, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

::raises hand:: I also respect the turkey and have no Christmas jammies for Jane. It didn't even occur to me yet. However, now that I think about it, the Christmas music playing in Carters weeks BEFORE Halloween was probably a good tip-off. Sigh.

basebell6 November 24, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

we dont have christmas jammies! oh well!

Emily November 24, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

Macy's had a TON last week. Kind of $ but maybe on Friday?

Amy November 24, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

TARGET TARGET TARGET TARGET TARGET!!!!

Meghan November 24, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

JcPenny has to have some. I bought mine at Carter's last week so I can't believe yours is sold out already!! But I would check out Penny's. Especially online.

Erin November 24, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

You can definitely still find something! Check all of those stores online shops - I just did a quick search for 3m xmas pjs on carters.com and got a few options!

KRM,  November 24, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

Online shopping, mama! I love these:
http://www.carters.com/carters/Tutu-Sleep-Play/V_115-731,default,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-girl-collections-holiday-shop&navid=carters-search

Lots of sizes!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP